Peace in rap!?

Old July 2nd 09, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Peace in rap!?

On Jul 2, 2:37*pm, "Maxwell" wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

You lighten up Dumbly, the Usenet's life would be much more rewarding
without you.

And let's not forget, you threw the first punch last time, and now you do
it
twice again.

-- Sorry Max. It's just that you're so easy to hit :-))

And that's exactly the point. Some one disagrees with you, so you decide to
start something.

In your own ignorance, people like you and Jay start these things, then sit
and appear to wonder while you blame others.

When in reality, we have only guys like you to thank.

I have been keeping my opinions to myself while a number of gentlemen have
made good use of the group, but at you and Jay's request I will oblige you.

Have a nice day Max. :-)
DH
Old July 3rd 09, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
K M

On Jul 2, 12:14*pm, "Maxwell" wrote:
Nonsense, in the past year Jay has done nothing to contribute to this group
and has spent all his time on POA until now, when it's time for his yearly
advertisement.

Max,
Cant blame the guy there . Not much meaningfull has been happening
around here .
lighten up Dumbly, the Usenet's life would be much more rewarding
without you.

Same could be said.........well nevermind . These groups are what we
make of them . You can be part of the problem or part of the
solution .

And let's not forget, you threw the first punch last time, and now you do it
twice again.

Lets bag the punches bit and go to OSH , drink some overrated local
microbrew and party !!!!!!
Frank
Old July 3rd 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

But you wish to disregard the fact that his signature was Jay's primary
way of irritating Bertie.

Really? No kidding. I honestly had no idea.

If I had known that, I would've added another half-dozen lines!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 3rd 09, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Lets bag the punches bit and go to OSH , drink some overrated local
microbrew and party !!!!!!
Frank

Amen, buddy. Aviation is on its knees right now -- we certainly don't have
the luxury of infighting right now.

OSH only comes once a year. Let's make the best of it!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 3rd 09, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"Ricky" wrote in message
May it last...please!

Ricky

It may last, but I won't see it.

AT&T is dropping usenet access as of 7/15

Old July 4th 09, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

In article ,
"Private" wrote:

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"Ricky" wrote in message
May it last...please!

Ricky

It may last, but I won't see it.

AT&T is dropping usenet access as of 7/15

I suggest the free news server nntp.aioe.org

I used aioe for both reading and posting for several years, then they went
offline for a several months, but are back online now. I notice the aioe
server filters most spam much better than my ISP news-server does. I have
been unable to post through this news-server for the past week or so. There
are other free news servers, YMMV.

I've been using eternal-september.org. I'm quite happy with them.
They're down a little bit more than I'd like, but I don't consider
Usenet to be a five-nines service anyway. Spam filtering is quite good,
and they have all the groups I care to read.

Plenty of options out there for you!

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth
Old July 4th 09, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Private

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
snip
It may last, but I won't see it.

AT&T is dropping usenet access as of 7/15

I suggest the free news server nntp.aioe.org

Happy landings,

Old July 4th 09, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Mike Ash" wrote in message

"Ricky" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks to your suggestion a couple of weeks ago, I am now using
eternal-september as well. Thanks also for being amoung those who pointed
out the need to register in order to have the larger selection of groups
available.

Peter

Old July 4th 09, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Private

"Private" wrote in message

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
snip
It may last, but I won't see it.

AT&T is dropping usenet access as of 7/15

I suggest the free news server nntp.aioe.org

Happy landings,

Delivery of this message seems to indicate that aioe is open for posting
again.

Happy landings,