XC Soar quick setup for local flights

Old June 29th 18, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JorEl

Default XC Soar quick setup for local flights

Hi everybody. I am testing the XCSoar program on a Kobo Mini. I ask for your help to know how to prepare some useful pages to navigate on local flights. My interest is to know at all times: Distance and course to the field. Altitude necessary to arrive. Should I schedule a task for this purpose? I will probably move to a more complex phase in the near future, but at this moment I need that basic data. Thank you very much
Old June 29th 18, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

Have you downloaded the manual? There is guidance for first time use that may help.

PA
Old June 29th 18, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, June 29, 2018 at 1:45:22 PM UTC-5, JorEl wrote:
Hi everybody. I am testing the XCSoar program on a Kobo Mini. I ask for your help to know how to prepare some useful pages to navigate on local flights. My interest is to know at all times: Distance and course to the field. Altitude necessary to arrive. Should I schedule a task for this purpose? I will probably move to a more complex phase in the near future, but at this moment I need that basic data. Thank you very much

All you need to do is designate the waypoint of your field as the HOME field and you'll be set. Nav Waypoint List [search for your home field waypoint] Select your airpoint waypoint right arrow Set as New Home.

RS
Old July 1st 18, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JorEl

El viernes, 29 de junio de 2018, 21:00:17 (UTC+2), Paul Agnew escribió:
Have you downloaded the manual? There is guidance for first time use that may help.

PA

Yes, I've done, but too I don't find my how to setup this easy configuration I need. Thank u
Old July 1st 18, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JorEl

El viernes, 29 de junio de 2018, 21:53:56 (UTC+2), escribió:
On Friday, June 29, 2018 at 1:45:22 PM UTC-5, JorEl wrote:
Hi everybody. I am testing the XCSoar program on a Kobo Mini. I ask for your help to know how to prepare some useful pages to navigate on local flights. My interest is to know at all times: Distance and course to the field. Altitude necessary to arrive. Should I schedule a task for this purpose? I will probably move to a more complex phase in the near future, but at this moment I need that basic data. Thank you very much

All you need to do is designate the waypoint of your field as the HOME field and you'll be set. Nav Waypoint List [search for your home field waypoint] Select your airpoint waypoint right arrow Set as New Home.

RS

Ok resi, I have done that. Now how I get DISTANCE to HOME and ALTITUDE REQUIRED to GET TO HOME on two Infoboxes of my Cruise display?
Old July 1st 18, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Maybe I don't understand your question but you need to set up whatever info boxes you want to see on each screen - very easy to do.

Make sure you're on the screen you want the info box to appear on and then press and hold down on one of the info boxes that are showing. After 3 seconds you will get a prompt giving you the option to Switch Infobox. Select that and then scroll through the list of possible selections until you find the one you want and select it. Done. I like to set one to the Next Distance option but you could use Distance Home if you want. Next Distance simply shows you the distance to the next waypoint instead of only to home.

Altitude required to get home is displayed on the final glide bar so make sure you have that turned on (Config System Gauges FLARM, Other Final Glide Bar. You won't have to use up one of your infobox slots for this piece of data.

RS

Old July 1st 18, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JorEl

El domingo, 1 de julio de 2018, 17:46:12 (UTC+2), escribió:
[...]

Thank u resi. I think I got it now. I´ll check it out tomorrow on a real flight.

XC Soar screen setup advice Blake Seese 9V Soaring 2 September 24th 14 04:10 AM
Local GA Flights renminbis Piloting 26 January 4th 09 10:01 PM
Local GA Flights renminbis Owning 22 January 2nd 09 04:11 PM
a quick question: local procedures FRG-HPN transition Journeyman Piloting 3 April 7th 05 10:35 PM
Flights of fancy soar at Miramar Otis Willie Military Aviation 8 October 22nd 03 07:47 PM