Building your own joystick or yoke for fs

Old November 9th 03, 10:37 AM
Edgar

Default Building your own joystick or yoke for fs

Hello,
I'd like to build my own joystick or yoke for myself. If anyone know any web
page on this topic please share it.
Well for ruder pedal ideas look he http://www.monmouth.com/~lw4750/ -
well this is for race sim most

tnx,
Edgar

Old November 9th 03, 01:54 PM
Kevin Reilly

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 Edgar wrote:

I'd like to build my own joystick or yoke for myself. If anyone know any web
page on this topic please share it.

No web page, but I do recall a company selling a DIY yoke solution back
in the heyday of the Amiga. It consisted of a mechanism by which a
mechanical mouse was strapped to the shaft of the yoke in such a way
that pushing, pulling and rotating the yoke moved the mouse ball. If you
then set up the simulation to use mouse for joystick you had the world's
cheapest yoke. I don't know how many they sold but I thought it was a
half-decent idea at a time when such peripherals were almost impossible
to come by at reasonable cost.

--
Kev
"Among the side effects of this mercurial drug the most important is the

Old November 9th 03, 02:13 PM
Don Parker

http://www.epanorama.net/documents/joystick/index.html
--
Cheers'n Beers [_])
Don

Old November 9th 03, 10:26 PM
Oscar

Came across this some time ago ----
DIY cockpit controls - How to build your own flightsim cockpit controls
V1.0 - by Roland van Roy - March 2002

the file is 4MB - seems to be very detailed instructions plus lots of pics
(60 pages in MS Word) on how to build your yoke, throttle, trimwheel, rudder
pedals, switches, autopilot buttons, etc

filename is diy1_0.zip, only problem is I don't recall where I got the file
from -- avsim, flightsim, simviation, fsplanet - are the site I normally go
to.

Cheers, Oscar

Old November 10th 03, 12:41 PM
JimBob

Oscar wrote:
Came across this some time ago ----
DIY cockpit controls - How to build your own flightsim cockpit controls
V1.0 - by Roland van Roy - March 2002

the file is 4MB - seems to be very detailed instructions plus lots of pics
(60 pages in MS Word) on how to build your yoke, throttle, trimwheel, rudder
pedals, switches, autopilot buttons, etc

filename is diy1_0.zip, only problem is I don't recall where I got the file
from -- avsim, flightsim, simviation, fsplanet - are the site I normally go
to.

Google says diy1.0.zip is at
http://www.fscorner.com/database2002-1/06-03-2002.htm
It's about 11 entries down in the page, looks interesting !

JimBob

Old November 10th 03, 07:21 PM
gerrcoin

JimBob wrote:

Google says diy1.0.zip is at
http://www.fscorner.com/database2002-1/06-03-2002.htm
It's about 11 entries down in the page, looks interesting !

link seemed to be dead when I tried, but here is the HTML version
http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/diy/index.htm

Old November 10th 03, 08:38 PM
Oscar

Yes, that's the one. Possibly the .doc version is called diyhtm10.zip at
flightsim.com --- Oscar

Old November 13th 03, 05:25 AM
H M

thanks for bringing back some very happy memories of simpler times and
a superb computer (for its day anyway). Come to think of it, it was
Interceptor (remember that?) that sold me my first Amiga :-)
Regards, Jeff.

interceptor? is that the one where you had to take off from and then
land on an aircraft carrier to qualify? i used a trick to accomplish
that: take off, do half a looping and fly upside down in the opposite
direction, gaining altitude. at a sufficient distance from the carrier i
did the other half of the looping and approached the carrier...