Best modern jet fighter???

Old September 10th 04, 10:20 PM
Icarus

Default Best modern jet fighter???

As the subject says, I'd like to know which is the best modern jet fighter
in your opinion??? Personaly, my bet is on Su 27 family-in particular the Su
37 fighter...

Old September 11th 04, 02:43 PM
phil hunt

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 23:20:59 +0200, Icarus wrote:
As the subject says, I'd like to know which is the best modern jet fighter
in your opinion??? Personaly, my bet is on Su 27 family-in particular the Su
37 fighter...

Neither the F-22 nor Typhoon are in squadron service yet, so I
imagine it's roughly a tie between the Gripen, the F/A-18 and
various Flanker derivatives.

(Email: zen19725 at zen dot co dot uk)

Old September 12th 04, 07:56 AM
Ragnar

"Icarus" wrote in message
As the subject says, I'd like to know which is the best modern jet fighter
in your opinion??? Personaly, my bet is on Su 27 family-in particular the

Su
37 fighter...

F-15C. Unchallenged combat record.

How much combat has the SU-27/37 seen?

Call me when they get some actual experience.

Old September 12th 04, 11:33 AM
SA

"Ragnar" skrev i en meddelelse

"Icarus" wrote in message
As the subject says, I'd like to know which is the best modern jet

fighter
in your opinion??? Personaly, my bet is on Su 27 family-in particular

the
Su
37 fighter...

F-15C. Unchallenged combat record.

How much combat has the SU-27/37 seen?

Call me when they get some actual experience.

Well as far as i remember, there has been air-to-air combat between
Ethiopian and Eriterian (spelling?) Su-27's and MiG-29, in which the Su-27
shot down a couple of MiG-29's, so the Su-27 does have combat experience
against the same aircraft as the F-15.

As far as I know the F-15 has "only" fought against Iraqi and Serbian MiG's,
so they do have similar combat experience, although the F-15 most likely
have flown more combat hours.

As for which is the best jet fighter, then I would say that it will depend
on pilot skill and the situation.

Regards
Søren Augustesen
PS: Just to be clear on one thing: I dont' have any combat/flying experience
(all I know is from books,web, talking with pilots ect.) so to some people
here I'm just a "wannabe" who dont know anything ;o)

Old September 12th 04, 11:57 AM
John Mullen

. ..

"Icarus" wrote in message
As the subject says, I'd like to know which is the best modern jet

fighter
in your opinion??? Personaly, my bet is on Su 27 family-in particular

the
Su
37 fighter...

F-15C. Unchallenged combat record.

How much combat has the SU-27/37 seen?

Call me when they get some actual experience.

Well as far as i remember, there has been air-to-air combat between
Ethiopian and Eriterian (spelling?) Su-27's and MiG-29, in which the Su-27
shot down a couple of MiG-29's, so the Su-27 does have combat experience
against the same aircraft as the F-15.

As far as I know the F-15 has "only" fought against Iraqi and Serbian
MiG's,
so they do have similar combat experience, although the F-15 most likely
have flown more combat hours.

Don't forget, the US proxy forces in Israel have used their versions of the
F-15 fairly extensively.

As for which is the best jet fighter, then I would say that it will depend
on pilot skill and the situation.

Absolutely.

John

Old September 12th 04, 12:04 PM
SA

"John Mullen" skrev i en meddelelse
. ..

"Icarus" wrote in message
[...]

Ofcourse they have! Silly me for forgetting that!

Regards
Søren Augustesen

Old September 12th 04, 03:00 PM
TJ

"Icarus" wrote in message ...
As the subject says, I'd like to know which is the best modern jet fighter
in your opinion??? Personaly, my bet is on Su 27 family-in particular the Su
37 fighter...

The one and only SU-37 FLANKER E crashed a couple of years ago. The
aircraft carried the number 711.

TJ
Old September 12th 04, 04:02 PM
Keith Willshaw

"SA" wrote in message
. ..

As far as I know the F-15 has "only" fought against Iraqi and Serbian
MiG's,
so they do have similar combat experience, although the F-15 most likely
have flown more combat hours.

You are incorrect

Israeli F-15's have fought Syrian Mig's rather succesfully.

Keith

Old September 12th 04, 04:14 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message

"SA" wrote in message
. ..

As far as I know the F-15 has "only" fought against Iraqi and Serbian
MiG's,
so they do have similar combat experience, although the F-15 most likely
have flown more combat hours.

You are incorrect

Israeli F-15's have fought Syrian Mig's rather succesfully.

And lest we forget, ISTR Saudi F-15's have been known to have dispatched
both Iranian Phantoms and French Mirage F1's.

Brooks

Keith