A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Piloting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 10th 09, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 838
Default Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw2XtN15qOA

Two weeks ago I was with a friend who had COM failure and that was my
first experience with light guns. Because of this, I thought it would
behoove me to brush up on my experiences in a plane.

I posted my experiences in the Flight Aware forums. The COM failure
can be found at http://discussions.flightaware.com/v...?p=83618#83618
and my light gun questions can be found at
http://discussions.flightaware.com/v...?p=83893#83893
  #2  
Old July 11th 09, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 463
Default Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:58:33 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw2XtN15qOA

Two weeks ago I was with a friend who had COM failure and that was my
first experience with light guns. Because of this, I thought it would
behoove me to brush up on my experiences in a plane.

I posted my experiences in the Flight Aware forums. The COM failure
can be found at http://discussions.flightaware.com/v...?p=83618#83618
and my light gun questions can be found at
http://discussions.flightaware.com/v...?p=83893#83893


Always appreciate and enjoy your efforts, please keep them coming!
  #3  
Old July 12th 09, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BeechSundowner
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 138
Default Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

On Jul 10, 9:33*pm, Gezellig wrote:

Always appreciate and enjoy your efforts, please keep them coming!


'preciate your compliments Gezellig!

  #4  
Old July 12th 09, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 803
Default Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

On Jul 11, 10:58*am, " wrote:
Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw2XtN15qOA

Two weeks ago I was with a friend who had COM failure and that was my
first experience with light guns. Because of this, I thought it would
behoove me to brush up on my experiences in a plane.

I posted my experiences in the Flight Aware forums. *The COM failure
can be found athttp://discussions.flightaware.com/viewtopic.php?p=83618#83618
and my light gun questions can be found athttp://discussions.flightaware.com/viewtopic.php?p=83893#83893


That was the technology when I was learning to fly :-)
Welcome to a -very- small (and diminishing) club
  #5  
Old July 14th 09, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,767
Default Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

On Jul 10, 3:58*pm, " wrote:
Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video


When I'm working with students I'll often ask ground while I'm at the
runup to show us the light signal (flashing red). Its good to see it.
During the day its not necessarily easy to see if you are not looking
at it.

-Robert
  #6  
Old July 15th 09, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BeechSundowner
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 138
Default Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

On Jul 14, 3:20*pm, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:
On Jul 10, 3:58*pm, " wrote:

Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video


When I'm working with students I'll often ask ground while I'm at the
runup to show us the light signal (flashing red). Its good to see it.
During the day its not necessarily easy to see if you are not looking
at it.

-Robert


No kidding!

I am glad you do this with your students. Locally, they do have the
students see them at night, but I never had that in my training
myself.

Even harder to see trying to fly a plane and staring at the tower
looking for less then a period size blip!
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flight to Natchez MS with ATC and FSS COMS - Video A Lieberma[_2_] Owning 0 March 21st 09 06:16 PM
Flight to Natchez MS with ATC and FSS COMS - Video [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 0 March 21st 09 06:16 PM
Pop up IFR clearance with ATC COMS - Video [email protected] Piloting 0 November 15th 08 05:05 PM
Pop up IFR clearance with ATC COMS - Video A Lieberma[_2_] Owning 0 November 15th 08 05:04 PM
Pop up IFR clearance with ATC COMS - Video [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 0 November 15th 08 05:04 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.