1. Books? 2. Lakes

Old May 23rd 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
xyzzy

Default 1. Books? 2. Lakes

On May 23, 3:07 pm, doflier wrote:
1. Reading the yard-sale-acquired novel, "Flight of the
Intruder" (Stephen Coonts) and I was wondering if anyone knows a good
novel which is similarly specific as to what is happening in the
cockpit as the first three chapters, at least, of that novel, except
specific to GA or other non-military aircraft.

I haven't read Flight of the Intruder so I don't know if this is
comparable, but it doesn't get much more specific about what's
happening in the civilian cockpit than "Fate is the Hunter" by Ernest
K. Gann. Not a novel, but still an excellent read.

I haven't personally read it, but "The High and the Mighty" (which is
a novel) by the same author has an even better reputation for putting
you in the cockpit with the characters. I really need to get around to
reading it sometime.

1. Books? 2. Lakes doflier Owning 5 May 24th 07 05:24 PM
1. Books? 2. Lakes xyzzy Owning 0 May 23rd 07 10:54 PM
1. Books? 2. Lakes xyzzy Owning 0 May 23rd 07 10:53 PM
FA: 1-Day-Left: 6 Books - AVIATION - FLYING - JETS - CIVIL and MILITARY - HUGE Coffee-Table Sized Books Todd Aviation Marketplace 0 July 31st 05 01:23 PM
FA: 6 Books - AVIATION - FLYING - JETS - CIVIL and MILITARY - HUGE Coffee-Table Sized Books Drew Aviation Marketplace 0 July 26th 05 02:31 AM