dropped plug in engine

Old May 24th 07, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default dropped plug in engine

What is the best way to get a spark plug out that has been dropped
while being changed?

Old May 24th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jon Kraus

and then shell out another $15.00 for a $1.50 item...

Jon

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

In article ,
Dave Butler wrote:

wrote:

What is the best way to get a spark plug out that has been dropped
while being changed?

Out of what? Out of the engine? Presumably it was out while it was being
dropped? I think we need a little more detail about what you are trying
to do and why you are having trouble doing it. DB

The rule of thumb on dropping spark plugs is to drop it twice:

1. Accidentally on the floor

2. Into the trash.

Old May 25th 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
David Lesher

Dave Butler writes:

wrote:
What is the best way to get a spark plug out that has been dropped
while being changed?

Out of what? Out of the engine? Presumably it was out while it was being
dropped? I think we need a little more detail about what you are trying
to do and why you are having trouble doing it. DB

It's hard-pressed to fall into the cylinder, so I gather it fell
somewhere inside the cowl?

--
A host is a host from coast to
Old May 25th 07, 11:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Natalie

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

The rule of thumb on dropping spark plugs is to drop it twice:

1. Accidentally on the floor

2. Into the trash.

To paraphrase one of my professors (he was referring to blown transistors):

Put it in your pocket.
Take it a long way from the airport and throw it away so
it never finds it's way back.