Adjustment of Altimeter

Old April 4th 04, 01:13 PM
Ron

Default Adjustment of Altimeter

Seems as if I remember when calibrating the altimeter there is a small
screw next to the adjustment knob that covered a mechanism allowing
one to adjust the hands relative to the barometric pressure. Does
anyone know where I can find instructions on this. I have searched the
Internet but am yet to find anything.

Thanks.....Ron
Old April 4th 04, 01:52 PM
Barnyard BOb -

Seems as if I remember when calibrating the altimeter there is a small
screw next to the adjustment knob that covered a mechanism allowing
one to adjust the hands relative to the barometric pressure. Does
anyone know where I can find instructions on this. I have searched the
Internet but am yet to find anything.

Thanks.....Ron

http://www.matronics.com/search/

and find this...

RV-List message posted by: "John D. Heath"

Set the altemeter to field elevation

Turn the screw out far enough to clear the face of the insturment

Slide it away from the knob, Wiggle as required, turn it in to hold it
in place

Pull the Knob out to the stop

Turn the Knob to adjust only the Kolsmans window to the altemeter
setting

Slide the screw back to it's original position and secure it

Now You Know

Barnyard BOb --
Old April 4th 04, 03:33 PM
rip

Have someone who's done this before show you how. If you back the screw
out too far, the lock plate will fall off inside the altimeter. It's an
easy adjustment to make, if you've seen it done once!

Old April 4th 04, 10:18 PM
Blueskies

I backed the screw all the way out and didn't notice a lock plate fall off. Once I figured this out, it adjusted easily.
All went back together just fine. Should I worry about a loose lock plate now?

--
Dan D.

..

Old April 4th 04, 11:10 PM
rip

No, you'll know it when it happens.

Rip

Old April 5th 04, 03:12 AM
Blueskies

Thanks!

Good, nice to be able to 'dial in' without any concern about certs...
-
Dan D.

..