National Cherokee Fly-In, June 14-17th

Old May 24th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Default National Cherokee Fly-In, June 14-17th

http://www.cherokeeflyin.com/index.html

This little fly-in has rapidly become one of our very favorites. It's
organized by members (NOT the leader) of the Cherokee Pilots
Association, is held at Tan-Tar-A Resort in Osage Beach, MO each year,
and has managed (in just five short years) to attract some great
vendors and guest speakers.

Grand Glaize Airport is the home base. For any of you Cherokee
drivers -- from 140s to Saratogas -- this is the ultimate chance to
learn about your steed, from the experts, and enjoy some great food,
drink, golf, and company.

Mary and I (and the kids) will be there for the duration. Anyone
else planning to go this year?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 25th 07, 06:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Darrel Toepfer

Jay Honeck wrote:

Grand Glaize Airport is the home base. For any of you Cherokee
drivers -- from 140s to Saratogas -- this is the ultimate chance to
learn about your steed, from the experts, and enjoy some great food,
drink, golf, and company.

Mary and I (and the kids) will be there for the duration. Anyone
else planning to go this year?

Yeah read about it in the current Piper Flyer, that they are trying to
get me to subscribe to...

The Shortwingers are meeting for their 26th, this time in Hutchinson,
Kansas. June 25-28th... IR a member/owner...

Current plan is to attend my 30th HS Reunion in San Marcos, Tx. on the
29th... The school has a Buda address, although it grew out of Kyle...

You typed recently about a planned trip down to New Branfels? Did y'all
get to make that ferry trip after that oil cooler leak? Thats all towns
along IH35...
Old May 25th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Current plan is to attend my 30th HS Reunion in San Marcos, Tx. on the
29th... The school has a Buda address, although it grew out of Kyle...

"The school has a Buda address"? What's that mean? (And who is
Kyle?)

You typed recently about a planned trip down to New Branfels? Did y'all
get to make that ferry trip after that oil cooler leak? Thats all towns
along IH35...

Nah, every time we make plans to fly to "The Hangar Hotel", Texas gets
hit with tornadoes, or a plague of locusts. It's remarkable!

Someday, we'll get there...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 25th 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Darrel Toepfer

Jay Honeck wrote:

"The school has a Buda address"? What's that mean? (And who is
Kyle?)

Used to be little Hays County towns north of New Braunfels on IH35... Now
its kinda all blurred into Austin as its grown towards San Marcos along the
interstate...