$1500 Cash Reward-- Aircraft and Hangar Burglaries at KFQD

Old May 25th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default $1500 Cash Reward-- Aircraft and Hangar Burglaries at KFQD

$1500 cash reward for info leading to arrest and conviction of lowlife
scum thieves who broke into hangars and aircraft at Rutherford County,
NC Airport [KFQD] and stole the following items on or about Thursday,
May 19, 2007:

1. King KX-99 Portable Navcomm Radio with new NiMH Rechargeable
battery pack and slow charger
2. Pointer 3000 Emergency Locator Transmitter with fresh battery and
snap-in antenna
3. Set of 1/4" drive Snap-on Ratchet Tools with Spare Flex head drive
and 3 extra universal joint sockets (3/8, 7/16, and 1/2) -- in red
plastic case
5. Set of 3/8" drive Snap-On Ratchet Tools with 3/8" to 1/2" adaptor
and two extra Craftsman ratchets, one long, one short--- new red
plastic case Also set of 1/2 drive Snap-Ons in large canvas bag
6. Garmin GPS 195 with antenna and AA battery pack (I will provide
the serial number)
7. Browning Sportsman .22 LR Semi-Automatic Pistol (Mfd. in Belgium)
with checkered walnut grip and 6" barrel in original vinyl case with
oily silicone rag
6. Colt .25 cal. Semi-Automatic Pistol with checkered walnut grips;
this is a tiny handgun that will fit in the palm of your hand
7. Mauser 9MM Kurz (.380) Double Action Semi-Automatic Pistol with
checkered walnut grips. Engraved on the action: Made in Germany,
Imported by Interarms. This is a small handgun similar to a Walther
PPK. It has an unusual hidden hammer.
All three of these handguns are mint condition collector firearms, in
blue steel finish. I am looking for the serial numbers and will
supply them at a later time.
8. Winchester pump action 12-gauge shotgun loaded with 00 buckshot;
plug removed from magazine. Barrel end accepts various screw-in choke
mod inserts.
9. Sheridan Blue Streak Forearm Pump Pellet Air Rifle, .20 caliber --
another rare gun with walnut stock, blue finish
10. Maglite D-Cell Flashlight with 6 cells-- 18" long; police issue,
black finish
10. Garmin 496 GPS Receiver (s/n provided later)--- This expensive
navigation device was taken from a Mooney on the north ramp.
11. Vertex Handheld Comm with cracked screen (s/n______)
12. Cuisinart Blender
13. Various 2-cell Maglite Flashlights and headgear LED lights, also
LED flashlight for cockpit with red LED and white LED
14. Ryobi Rechargeable Rotating Head Flashlight 18-volt NiCad with
charger
15. Canon FTB Single Lens Reflex Camera in leather case; camera and
case damaged from falling off moving motorcycle and rolling.

I'll add to the list as other items are found to be missing.
Rutherford County, NC Sheriff's Department is in charge of the
investigation. Aircraft Break-Ins are being investigated by feds
because those break-ins are felony violations of the United States
Code.

This reward is my own personal effort; others may add to it. I'll
follow up on that and with other information as it becomes available.
Beware that felons with similar MO's are operating at small rural
airports along the eastern seaboard, according to the FBI.

Any person who receives or purchases any one or more of these stolen
items, knowing or having reason to believe the same is stolen, is also
guilty of a felony.

Vic

Old May 26th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Kyle Boatright

Wouldn't it be great to catch bozos like these in the act and um... learn
'em a thing or two?

"Yep, officer, they resisted and kept on resisting. We had to subdue 'em a
whole lot, just to protect ourselves."

oups.com...