small airplanes are dangerous

Old April 25th 04, 05:52 AM
John Gaquin

"JimTheBoatMan" wrote in

I often worry about all the small airplanes flying around my house.

troll

Old April 25th 04, 06:21 AM
ForsbergAviation

Hearing the Sound of the Sound again "John:!
"John Theune" wrote in message
1...
"JimTheBoatMan" wrote in
:

I often worry about all the small airplanes flying around my house.
Shouldn't
they be regulated better. I mean can these guys just fly all over with
out the government knowing about it. One of my friends told me that
they can just leave and go where ever they want without telling
anybody. I think somebody should be watching them every minute because
it could be somebody dangerous in there. Why do they need those things
anyway?

I ofton worry about those small boats floating around near my house. I
think they should be regulated more. I mean those guys can just sail
anywhere they want to. I understand that they can just leave and go
anywhere they want. I think that they should be watched every second
because they might be transporting dangerous people in them. Why do we
need boats anyway?

Old April 25th 04, 06:11 PM
Casey Wilson

[...]

Everytime I see one of those U-Haul, Penske, Ryder, et al, rental vans
driving down the street or parked at the curb I break into a cold sweat
wondering how much ammoniuon nitrate and diesel oil is loaded aboard.
[Well, not really.....]

Old April 27th 04, 04:01 AM
Buff5200

I often worry about all the small airplanes flying around my house.

No need to worry. The aviation community has a PERFECT safety record.

Every plane that has taken off, has come back to earth and landed.
We have never left one stranded in the sky.

Old April 27th 04, 05:01 AM
Roger Halstead

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 17:11:02 GMT, "Casey Wilson"
wrote:

"John Theune" wrote in message
. 11...
"JimTheBoatMan" wrote in
:

I often worry about all the small airplanes flying around my house.
Shouldn't
they be regulated better. I mean can these guys just fly all over with
out the government knowing about it. One of my friends told me that
they can just leave and go where ever they want without telling
anybody. I think somebody should be watching them every minute because
it could be somebody dangerous in there. Why do they need those things
anyway?

I ofton worry about those small boats floating around near my house. I
think they should be regulated more. I mean those guys can just sail
anywhere they want to. I understand that they can just leave and go
anywhere they want. I think that they should be watched every second
because they might be transporting dangerous people in them. Why do we
need boats anyway?

My troll o meter just broke.

Everytime I see one of those U-Haul, Penske, Ryder, et al, rental vans
driving down the street or parked at the curb I break into a cold sweat
wondering how much ammoniuon nitrate and diesel oil is loaded aboard.
[Well, not really.....]

Boats? Trucks?

I worry about cars, even the small ones.
My Daughter was about a 100 yards from the bomb that went off in Bali
last year. That car was smaller than our subcompacts here in the
states.

We're gonna have to keep all the cars out of the cities and towns.

Now think about how much a farmer can haul in a grain wagon and they
have access to the right chemicals to do all sorts of things. I'd sure
hate to live next to one of them. Oh, and we need to keep those big
trucks and grain wagons out of the towns.

Any one see the Penn And Teller Show on personal safety? They pretty
much pointed out the futility of so much worry. Of course they gave
the press and government a bit of the credit for sensationalizing it.

That was the same show where they pointed out that PETA was
contributing to "The Animal Liberation Front" (had the tax returns to
prove it), and that PETA is using the guy who firebombed Michigan
State's lab as a spokesperson who spends his time going around to
grade schools talking to our kids and grand children. A guy who has
been convicted numerous times and has done time for felonies.

Now, wasn't that a refreshing thought?

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old April 27th 04, 03:17 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Roger Halstead wrote:

Now think about how much a farmer can haul in a grain wagon and they
have access to the right chemicals to do all sorts of things.

Both nitroglycerin and gunpowder use materials that are readily available to anyone
(are you *really* sure that guy buying charcoal is actually planning a cookout?).

George Patterson
If you don't tell lies, you never have to remember what you said.
Old April 27th 04, 10:17 PM
Teacherjh

Every plane that has taken off, has come back to earth and landed.

That's not true. There are a bunch of them in the air right now. I don't know
if they'll ever come down. You might insist that they will, but that's pure
speculation.

Some years back there was a plane that crashed into the smog around the LA
Basin. It was stuck up there for weeks, they had to use helicopters with
backhoes to get the pieces out, and when they ripped the smog bank, all the
smog leaked out and LA had clear weather for hours.

Jose

Old April 28th 04, 01:12 AM
John Pelchat

Buff5200 wrote in message ...

I often worry about all the small airplanes flying around my house.

No need to worry. The aviation community has a PERFECT safety record.

Every plane that has taken off, has come back to earth and landed.
We have never left one stranded in the sky.

I just wanted to say that I was proud of you guys!!! Some folks on
the other groups I read would have surely fallen over the edge in vain
attempts to win the guy over to their point of you. I should post
this entire thread as an example how to respond to trolls.

Perhaps you have demonstrated the impact humor can have against people
who take themselves and what in the news groups way too seriously.

Blue skies

John Pelchat
Old April 28th 04, 02:24 PM
coustanis

Teacherjh wrote:

Every plane that has taken off, has come back to earth and landed.

That's not true. There are a bunch of them in the air right now. I don't know
if they'll ever come down. You might insist that they will, but that's pure
speculation.

Some years back there was a plane that crashed into the smog

I crashed into smog once but all it did was swirl around me.
Did I just get lucky?
Old April 28th 04, 02:34 PM
G.R. Patterson III

coustanis wrote:

I crashed into smog once but all it did was swirl around me.
Did I just get lucky?

Obviously baby smog. Hadn't had time to set up yet.

SMALLL airplanes.. BllFs6 Home Built 12 May 8th 04 12:48 PM
Order your FREE Small Blue Planet Toys Christmas Catalog before Oct 20th! Small Blue Planet Toys Aviation Marketplace 0 October 15th 03 05:26 PM
Small Blue Planet Toys goes Postal !! Economy Shipping Options now availalble Small Blue Planet Toys Aviation Marketplace 0 July 11th 03 04:00 PM