Cockpit Audio wiring (hyjacked from "gear warning")

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 18th 05, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cockpit Audio wiring (hyjacked from "gear warning")

"Mike Lindsay" wrote in message
In article DdqdnYPHoYf1J-benZ2dnUVZ_v

Snip-------
We put in a new vario this year, the only snag was we had
nowhere to put the speaker except behind the panel. We thought we could
do with a bit more audio. I remembered our radio, a Dittel clone, has an
input for an intercom. We fed the audio from the vario into the radio,
and now we have all the volume we need.

--
Mike Lindsay

Mike, that's interesting. Did the radio squelch the vario audio when
transmitting and receiving?

A quick check of my Microair 760 manual shows that Pin 14 is "Music in" on
the DB15 connector. Now, I'm not going to connect a $1000 vario to a $1000
radio without some specific guidance from the respective manufacturers but
that's a cool idea. The audio from the little pizeo squeekers that come
with the Borgelt instruments isn't that great (Even Mike B suggests that
there are better speakers.) and it would be nice to squelch the vario audio
when using the radio.

Bill Daniels