Walt & Mearsheimer Are Honored In England. Disgraced Here (in the US):

Old November 8th 07, 05:42 AM posted to alt.military,us.military,us.military.national-guard,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval

Default Walt & Mearsheimer Are Honored In England. Disgraced Here (in the US):

November 06, 2007
Walt & Mearsheimer Are Honored In England. Disgraced Here (in the US):

http://www.philipweiss.org/mondoweis...earsheime.html

Tonight Walt and Mearsheimer appeared with honor at the London School
of Economics. It is reported that in the next couple days they will be
speaking at the House of Lords and at Chatham House--the Royal
Institute of International Affairs.
Garlanded in England, the scholars are pilloried in the U.S. Trashed
at Yivo Institute last night, trashed by Chatham's House's American
equivalent: the Council on Foreign Relations.
This is simply tragic. It is now evident that mainstream institutions
in the U.S. are determined to deny these men a platform. The Council
on Foreign Relations should be hosting a debate. So should Yivo. '60
Minutes' tough producers should be challenging the authors on facts
and personal background. The Times should be having a roundtable. But
no, all are afraid of their ideas. So our mainstream institutions
willfully divorce themselves from reality.
(Why Do They Hate Us? On his blog, Marty Peretz, who kicked off last
night's bashing session in Manhattan, calls Palestine (and by
implication its people) "a small glob of land" --that's scatological--
and says Jordan should take it over. Peretz also champions the
"incorporation into the Jewish State" of Area E, a huge tract of land
east of Jerusalem, whose annexation would only immortalize the
fragmentation of the West Bank into bantustans, north and south and
East Jerusalem.)
Posted at 05:51 PM in Books, Politics, Culture, U.S. Policy in the
Mideast | Permalink
TrackBack
TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/t/trackback/2311324/23111404
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Walt & Mearsheimer
Are Honored In England. Disgraced Here.:
Comments
Antony Loewenstein reviews the book in the country with probably the
second-strongest Israel lobby, Australia--
http://antonyloewenstein.com/blog/20...el-lobby-case/
Posted by: David | November 06, 2007 at 07:34 PM

From the American Prospect.

I posted the URL from this on another thread.
Missing the Conversation About the Israel Lobby
Mearsheimer and Walt's The Israel Lobby lacks scholarly thoroughness
-- and misses the debate among Jews over Israel.
Gershom Gorenberg | November 6, 2007 | web only

After giving a lecture in San Francisco, I drove to a friend's house
where I'd arranged to pick up a copy of The Israel Lobby during my
swing through the States. Curiously, it took just a few pages of John
Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt's book to induce the disjointed feeling I
usually get from reading an all-out defense of Israeli policy from
precisely the right-wing Jewish groups they find so pernicious: I
recognize dates, main events, sources of information, yet they are put
together to create a world wildly simpler than the one in which I live
-- an alternate reality neat and devoid of complexity, as if late at
night I'd accidentally entered a subdevelopment's model home instead
of my family's house down the street. The floor plan is the same, but
the mess of being lived in is missing
Posted by: Richard Witty | November 07, 2007 at 01:34 AM
By urgint that "The Israel Lobby" is your primary basis of dissent, in
many ways you end up HINDERING convincing dissent.
Posted by: Richard Witty | November 07, 2007 at 01:37 AM
The above is pure Zionist propaganda posted against Mearsheimer and
Walt intended to distract from the truth conveyed in their excellent
book (see www.israellobbybook.com) about the war for Israel agenda in
Iraq which is about to be expanded to Iran before long. See the
following Dutch documentary (in English) about AIPAC for comments by
former Colin Powell assistant Lawrence Wilkerson (note the mention by
Colin Powell's former assistant Lawrence Wilkerson near the end of the
following documentary about WW 3 if Iran is attacked next - for
Israel):

AIPAC's Push for War with Iran:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6SQ02gqqao

Colonel Wilkerson mentioned in the following article as well:

Teflon Alliance with Israel:

http://www.itszone.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=79679

Comments for USA Today correspondent Barbara Slavin (who has the new
book out about Iran) are included via the following link from
http://neoconzionistthreat.blogspot.com
AIPAC is Pushing US to War with Iran for Israel (see the Scott
Ritter youtubes in the comments section for how he mentioned AIPAC and
that nukes might be used on Iran as well):

http://neoconzionistthreat.blogspot....with-iran.html

'Invade and Bomb With Hillary and Rahm'
Why war with Iran is likely

http://antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=11846

AIPAC, Espionage, and Legal Sabotage
Has the AIPAC spy trial been derailed?

http://antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=11856

More on Mearsheimer/Walt:

http://www.itszone.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=49800

A War for Israel? Colin Powell seems to think so:

http://www.warwithoutend.co.uk/zone0...ic.php?t=61128

CBS '60 Minutes' refusing to cover Mearsheimer/Walt book:

http://www.itszone.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=77703

Posted by: NOMOREWAR_FORISRAEL | November 07, 2007 at 03:59 AM