MINDEN's ON

Old January 22nd 04, 12:53 AM
JJ Sinclair

Default MINDEN's ON

Minden will host the Region 11 Championships again this year on June 7 - 12,
2004. Standard, 15 Meter, 18 Meter and Open classes will be offered. Come fly
the Sierras and Whites, speeds in the mid 80's last year with distances of
300+.. All Sports class contest will be held during the same time period at Air
Sailing, Nv.
Manager TBA, contact me for now.
JJ Sinclair
Old January 23rd 04, 03:45 PM
Bob Korves

Probably more interesting on 123.3 and 123.5
-Bob

"Buck Wild" wrote in message
om...
(JJ Sinclair) wrote in message

All Sports class contest will be held during the same time period at Air
Sailing, Nv.
Manager TBA, contact me for now.
JJ Sinclair

Should make it interesting on 122.3 & 122.5
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Old January 23rd 04, 05:55 PM
JJ Sinclair

Should make it interesting on 122.3 & 122.5
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I believe you will find that competition pilots are among the more disciplined
of the species when it comes to idle chatter on 3 & 5.With the GPS start and
finish gate, all you will hear is; "JJ started at 14:20", then we continue to
monitor 123.3 for safety advisories like, "NK, do you have me? NO, Look UP",
If we get in trouble you may hear something like this on 123.5, "NK's landing
at Garlach Flats, JJ can you relay?" Then you might hear, JJ's 4 miles out on
123.3. Thats it from the competition pilots.

The rules prohibit exchange of soaring information (like I'm going to give any
of that out) so you WON'T HEAR any; "Where are you? I'm over here, Got
anything? NO, How about you? Me neither, I don't see you? Well I haven't
moved, I'm still right here.
JJ Sinclair