Help Needed: LXNAV S80 and Remote Stick grip

Old January 16th 16, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Delp

Default Help Needed: LXNAV S80 and Remote Stick grip

Uros has always been very responsive for any issues I may have had, not to indicate there were many. I would wait for a response back as it usually takes a day or two at most. When I installed some proximity switches for the gear and spoiler warnings the current S80 firmware wasn't totally up to speed with making those warnings available. Uros made a beta firmware available and it worked as to be expected after that.
Old January 17th 16, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ZP

I didn't open up the stick afterall. I'll wait for the software solution as you all suggest. If a firmware solution is required, perhaps some of you with influence can get him to add "nearest airports" to the list!
Old January 17th 16, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Neil McLaughlin[_3_]

I've been informed it is a firmware issue and LX NAV are working on it.
I dont have any info on timescales though.

Old January 19th 16, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ZP

I got an email response from Uros. A firmware fix is in the works. Within the next week actually. Excellent!

Thinking the worse last weekend (no fix for months), I decided to start hooking up the SC cable from the vario to a separate momentary switch as a temporary solution. It worked fine when the "auto SC" feature was turned off. However, when set to auto-sc (e.g. GPS), the switch did not appear to work anymore. I thought that this sc line would still work and override any auto-sc logic running. The "vario priority" input also appeared to stop working as well. I ran out of daylight so I didn't do as much exhaustive testing as I had planned. I'll report back my findings by next weekend.
Old January 26th 16, 06:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ZP

Firmware fix has been provided and working. Unfortunately, you won't be able to have automated setting AND the momentary switch at the same time. I thought it might be good to have is auto-change based on airspeed, but then use the momentary switch as an 'override' button (i.e. switch it back to climb). Doesn't work that way. The momentary switch will be the only way to change modes with the exception of the "vario priority" signal. The vario priority signeal will overrride the current setting and always change the mode to "vario".

Old January 26th 16, 11:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Neil McLaughlin[_3_]

Thats interesting that your firmware update worked, mine didnt. I
received "SENSOR BOX ERROR" after the update and now everytime
on startup, and now the SC switch doesnt do anything, whereas
before it mimicked whatever the last button press was. So thats a
step forward in that the switch doesnt do random things now.

You mention the SC wire- which one is that? My stick only came with
4 coloured wires and a PTT wire.

I had the S80 settings correct i believe.

Vario Parameters-Auto SC is set to off
Hardware - Vario is set to Taster. (I also tried it in "Remote"
setting, no change)

Cheers,

Neil

=

Old January 28th 16, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ZP

Did you go to the password page and force the update through there? Rebooting the S80 with just the files is not enough. Check the instructions. If you did all that, maybe try again. Could have had a corrupted load(?).
Old January 29th 16, 11:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Neil McLaughlin[_3_]

I out the software update on the micro SD, and that automatically
updated, i then went to hardware and reregistered the stick.

Just looked at the manual, didnt take those steps with the firmware
update- will give it a try tomorrow!

Old January 29th 16, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner

On Friday, January 29, 2016 at 3:45:08 AM UTC-8, Neil McLaughlin wrote:
I out the software update on the micro SD, and that automatically
updated, i then went to hardware and reregistered the stick.

Just looked at the manual, didnt take those steps with the firmware
update- will give it a try tomorrow!

At 03:59 28 January 2016, ZP wrote:
Did you go to the password page and force the update through there?
Rebooting the S80 with just the files is not enough. Check the
instructions. If you did all that, maybe try again. Could have had a
corrupted load(?).

Neil,

Two processors have firmware updates.

The first processor in the S80 updates automatically. The second processor you have to go to the password screen enter 89891 and select the firmware and update.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com