Soaring Video Archive on YouTube

Old November 16th 17, 02:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Hart

Default Soaring Video Archive on YouTube

Hello,

I've started a channel for my soaring videos he

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCba...xdOg/playlists

These are 100% unedited, straight out of the GoPro. So you might want to scrub through the LONG SHOTS for the interesting bits.

The video titles describe the location and soaring activity. Video segments are numbered chronologically, also date-tagged with takeoff location and links to the OLC flight. I'll be adding 200+ more videos over the coming days, so please subscribe!

Enjoy,

David Hart
Old November 16th 17, 02:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 4:44:34 PM UTC+3, David Hart wrote:
Hello,

I've started a channel for my soaring videos he

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCba...xdOg/playlists

These are 100% unedited, straight out of the GoPro. So you might want to scrub through the LONG SHOTS for the interesting bits.

The video titles describe the location and soaring activity. Video segments are numbered chronologically, also date-tagged with takeoff location and links to the OLC flight. I'll be adding 200+ more videos over the coming days, so please subscribe!

Interesting ridge, but really needs some view of the instruments!
Old November 16th 17, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Hart

Interesting ridge, but really needs some view of the instruments!

In future installments you will see I settle on a GoPro mount which shows instruments very clearly. Stay tuned!

Old November 17th 17, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Hart

Have added videos 28-43 of the Tussey, Evitts, Wills and Dunning ridges flying out of Bedford PA.

Enjoy, and if you like it please subscribe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2-P...sR67_-4z38YCu6
Old November 24th 17, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Hart

On Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 8:44:34 AM UTC-5, David Hart wrote:
Hello,

I've started a channel for my soaring videos he

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCba...xdOg/playlists

These are 100% unedited, straight out of the GoPro. So you might want to scrub through the LONG SHOTS for the interesting bits.

The video titles describe the location and soaring activity. Video segments are numbered chronologically, also date-tagged with takeoff location and links to the OLC flight. I'll be adding 200+ more videos over the coming days, so please subscribe!

Enjoy,

David Hart

Petersburg Wave Camp videos can be found here, numbers 44-62

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCba...VNfxdOg/videos

Video segments are numbered chronologically, also date-tagged with takeoff location and links to the OLC flight.

Enjoy
Old November 30th 17, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Hart

2017 Region 5 North (Perry) videos posted he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guIW...5Hd 8fIGDRw1D

Enjoy,

David
Old December 4th 17, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Hart

2017 Sports Class National Videos now posted. See the index of contest videos below; there are some good air-to-air sequences. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guIW...5Hd 8fIGDRw1D

Index of Mifflin contest videos:

Practice Day
122 Jacks Mountain South End near Memmi
123 Jacks near Belleville Northbound
124 Jacks at Lewistown Gap
125 Three Barns Upwind Street
126 Jacks Allensville to Mill Creek
127 Jacks with Glider and Landing Mifflin

Contest Day 1
128 On tow and Jacks Backside many gliders
129 Jacks Shangri La to Saw Mill
130 Jacks Mill Creek overtaking glider at 13min
131 Jacks northbound
132 Jacks Three Barns with many gliders
133 Jacks Belleville and landing Mifflin
134 Putting away the glider at Mifflin

Contest Day 2
135 On tow and prestart gaggle near Dwight Yoder
136 More prestart gaggle with another glider at 3 min
137 Even more prestart gaggle
138 Yet more gaggle
139 Overtaking on the back of Jacks

Contest Day 4
140 On tow with right crosswind
141 Shade Mountain southbound from Lewisburg
142 Tuscarora turn at Dickeys with many gliders
143 Tuscarora Burnt Cabins to Honey Grove with gliders
144 Tuscarora passed by Arcii
145 Dickeys Burnt Cabins Shade gliders and turbulence
146 Shade northbound in trail
147 Shade in trail
148 Jacks penultimate leg
149 Final glide and landing Mifflin
Old December 25th 17, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Hart

2017 Harris Hill Region 3/Junior Nationals videos now posted on my Youtube Competition Soaring playlist he

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...bC5Hd8fIGDRw1D

Each video has links to SSA scoring and OLC.

Enjoy!

Index of Harris Hill 2017 videos

Contest Day 1
178 Harris Hill toward Corning
179 Harris Hill toward Corning 2
180 Nelson
181 Elmira Tour
182 Approach and landing Harris Hill

Contest Day 2
183 Harris Hill tow and thermal
184 Prestart Gaggle
185 Prestart thermal over Elmira
186 Prattsburgh to Wayland
187 Wayland penultimate leg
188 Final glide near Harris Hill

Contest Day 3
189 Gaggle south of Harris Hill
190 Touching Dansville
191 Gaggle with US Juniors near Hornell
192 X Country S of Jolamtra
193 Near Baker PA

Contest Day 4
194 Cleared for the task
195 Final glide and finish from NE
196 Approach and landing to S at Harris Hill

Contest Day 5
197 Gaggle s of Corning to Bradford
198 Bradford Avoca Streets
199 Avoca lowish
200 Near Elk Creek
201 Parked at National Soaring Museum

You can find my non-competition soaring archive he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2-P...sR67_-4z38YCu6

I'm putting new videos in there all the time and will publish an index soon. Enjoy!