FS: Winter 80mm Altimeter and 80mm ASI

Old December 16th 17, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ross[_3_]

Default FS: Winter 80mm Altimeter and 80mm ASI

Sold my glider so have a couple of things lying about.

Winter FGH10 altimeter, 2 year old, Foot scale with ivory backing.
$500 including shipping

Winter 80mm ASI marked for a Libelle 201b in knots. Last overhauled 2016
$240 including shipping
Old December 17th 17, 06:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

On Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 10:05:49 AM UTC-8, Ross wrote:
Sold my glider so have a couple of things lying about.

Winter FGH10 altimeter, 2 year old, Foot scale with ivory backing.
$500 including shipping

Winter 80mm ASI marked for a Libelle 201b in knots. Last overhauled 2016
$240 including shipping

Ross, I might be interested. can you change markings on ASI for another glider? Any pictures? my private email is matt at digital shorts dot com

Thanks,

Matt
Old December 17th 17, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Franke

On Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 9:12:51 PM UTC-8, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 10:05:49 AM UTC-8, Ross wrote:
Sold my glider so have a couple of things lying about.

Winter FGH10 altimeter, 2 year old, Foot scale with ivory backing.
$500 including shipping

Winter 80mm ASI marked for a Libelle 201b in knots. Last overhauled 2016
$240 including shipping

Ross, I might be interested. can you change markings on ASI for another glider? Any pictures? my private email is matt at digital shorts dot com

Thanks,

Matt

You can easily change ASI markings. Winter has a special tool for bezel rings. Alternatively you can trim a hacksaw blade to use as the tool. Once the bezel is removed the glass comes out. Take tweezers to peel off the old markings then replace with new markings.

Sean Franke
Old December 17th 17, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

If you disassemble an ASI, make sure it seals correctly when reassembled, or it will not be accurate.
Old December 17th 17, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 10:15:29 AM UTC-5, Sean Franke wrote:
... Alternatively you can trim a hacksaw blade to use as the tool.

Better yet, grind a spatula to the correct width.
Either way, wrap the tool with tape to avoid scratching bezel.

FS - 80mm Winter Vario w/flask Dan Marotta Soaring 13 May 14th 16 03:04 PM
Winter 80mm vario Steve Soaring 5 March 9th 12 07:33 AM
Winter 80mm vario for sale Morteza Ansari Soaring 1 December 23rd 11 10:06 PM
WTB: used 57mm Altimeter OR swap for 80mm Altimeter joesimmers Soaring 0 November 3rd 09 12:59 PM
For Sale: Altimeter United Instruments / Winter 10kts Vario (80mm) [email protected] Soaring 0 April 6th 07 09:01 AM