ATTN: Jim Weir - Plastic airplane antenna location and groundplane for an ELT.

Old July 1st 03, 05:59 AM
Bart D. Hull

Default ATTN: Jim Weir - Plastic airplane antenna location and groundplane for an ELT.

Jim,

Thank you for your input. I appreciate your time.

--
Bart D. Hull

Tempe,Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html for my Subaru Engine
Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html for Tango II I'm
building.

Jim Weir wrote:
The general rules you stated below are valid. The notion of putting COM
antennas on the fuselage sides and the NAV antenna on some sort of diagonal and
on the top of the fuselage sounds like a good idea.

Jim

"Bart D. Hull"

-Sorry I don't have drawings for this plane. I was planning the COM
-mounts on the sides of the fuselage just for the reason of getting
-away from the rudder mounts. As long as they are on opposite sides
-and just fiberglass construction and no metal closer than 12" is the
-general rule right?
-
-Does the 12" rule also apply to the location of other antennas"
-Can I put one Nav in the top of the fuselage and one nearer the front as
-long as I have at least 12" seperate between the two antennas?
-Or is there a general reason not to?
http://www.rst-engr.com