302 strangness...

Old July 28th 09, 06:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 302 strangness...

Last time out (first time in 3 years for the 302 to be used) the 302
was massively over reading double / triple the actual lift/sink. The
Beepy thing beeped at the right times but it was readying 20knots on
the averager while climbing at 8knots actual on the Sage.

Turning to the altimeter and ASI pages the readings were matching the
analogue instruments.

Any clues out there peeps?

Cheers

Al
Old July 30th 09, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

I assume that you did the sensible thing and power cycled the 302
while in flight. Note that the 302 will keep the same IGC log file if
the power cycle is less than 5 mins - and it is legal for badges, etc
- even with the gap).

Otherwise I don't have any suggestions due mostly to my 302 has been
rock solid for 4 years. Great device.

You might want to drop a note to gkammerer at cambridge-aero.com and
see if they can sort out the problem. They are good at answering
questions.

Good luck.

- John DeRosa

Old July 30th 09, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

Gary Kammerer is now at NK.

Please address Cambridge questions to Jeff Bennett at: jbennett (at)
cambridge-aero.com or to me.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old July 30th 09, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Jul 30, 1:04*pm, ContestID67 wrote:
I assume that you did the sensible thing and power cycled the 302
while in flight. *Note that the 302 will keep the same IGC log file if
the power cycle is less than 5 mins - and it is legal for badges, etc
- even with the gap).

Otherwise I don't have any suggestions due mostly to my 302 has been
rock solid for 4 years. *Great device.

You might want to drop a note to gkammerer at cambridge-aero.com and
see if they can sort out the problem. *They are good at answering
questions.

Good luck.

- John DeRosa

Gary has not been at Cambridge in quite a while. He is over at NK
ClearNav.

The original post might have had more replies if there was a bit more
details provided. Are both devices on the exact same TE line? All the
comparisons were in climb mode? Was the poster sure the 302 was
switching to climb mode properlY? Did the averager and pointer
disagree or just one? Etc.

Darryl
Old July 30th 09, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Al[_7_]

On Jul 30, 2:12*pm, Darryl Ramm wrote:
[...]

Shared TE, ASI and Static

pointer and Average were in sync.
Hard switch on flap handle working and selecting climb or cruise mode.

I suspect its compensation in FUBARED and needs reseting, also going
to flash it to latest version or ROM.

Cheers

Al
Old July 30th 09, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Jul 30, 2:23*pm, Al wrote:
[...]

Another sanity check was whether TE compensation appeared to work OK
when in cruise mode? And had anything been touched/changed recently?
And I presume the TE line is well split behind the seat somewhere to
isolate the sage capacity flask from the C302 and you were sure none
of hte lines got mixed up and you've look at the two runs of TE line
under the seat for any water in them (disconnect and blow them out?).
But unless there is an obvious problem from that stuff then I have no
more suggestions other than one of your varios is screwed.

Darryl