Aeroflot flight attendants kick ass!

Old July 21st 04, 03:50 PM
HECTOP

Default Aeroflot flight attendants kick ass!

Talk about air rage!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

--
HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
Old July 21st 04, 04:59 PM
AJC

On 21 Jul 2004 10:50:02 -0400, HECTOP wrote:

Talk about air rage!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

Talk about getting subjects wrong! They weren't Aeroflot flight
attendants.
--==++AJC++==--
Old July 21st 04, 05:37 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, AJC said:
On 21 Jul 2004 10:50:02 -0400, HECTOP wrote:
Talk about air rage!
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

Talk about getting subjects wrong! They weren't Aeroflot flight
attendants.

They weren't? Then why does the article say "Two crew members on a
domestic Aeroflot flight beat up a passenger who had complained that the
flight attendants were drunk, airline spokeswoman Irina Dannenberg said."?

That one sentence confirms that they were on an Aeroflot flight, and that
the people doing the assault were flight attendants. That makes them
"Aeroflot flight attendants" by any definition of the word. Yes, they
were subcontracted from another airline, but as long as it's an Aeroflot
flight, they're Aeroflot flight attendants.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
I use shell scripts at ork. Some cow-orkers refuse to touch them, their
Old July 21st 04, 05:59 PM
devil

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:37:17 +0000, Paul Tomblin wrote:

In a previous article, AJC said:
On 21 Jul 2004 10:50:02 -0400, HECTOP wrote:
Talk about air rage!
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

Talk about getting subjects wrong! They weren't Aeroflot flight
attendants.

They weren't? Then why does the article say "Two crew members on a
domestic Aeroflot flight beat up a passenger who had complained that the
flight attendants were drunk, airline spokeswoman Irina Dannenberg said."?

That one sentence confirms that they were on an Aeroflot flight, and that
the people doing the assault were flight attendants. That makes them
"Aeroflot flight attendants" by any definition of the word. Yes, they
were subcontracted from another airline, but as long as it's an Aeroflot
flight, they're Aeroflot flight attendants.

Yes and no.

My understanding is that while they were operating a flight for Aeroflot,
they were actually not an Aeroflot crew.

Old July 21st 04, 06:04 PM
Ajanta

HECTOP wrote:

Talk about air rage!
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

Hmm, I think Northwest crews could take a pointer from this.
Old July 21st 04, 07:11 PM
AJC

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:37:17 +0000 (UTC),
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

In a previous article, AJC said:
On 21 Jul 2004 10:50:02 -0400, HECTOP wrote:
Talk about air rage!
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

Talk about getting subjects wrong! They weren't Aeroflot flight
attendants.

They weren't? Then why does the article say "Two crew members on a
domestic Aeroflot flight beat up a passenger who had complained that the
flight attendants were drunk, airline spokeswoman Irina Dannenberg said."?

That one sentence confirms that they were on an Aeroflot flight, and that
the people doing the assault were flight attendants. That makes them
"Aeroflot flight attendants" by any definition of the word. Yes, they
were subcontracted from another airline, but as long as it's an Aeroflot
flight, they're Aeroflot flight attendants.

The flight was a TU154 owned and operated and crewed by Aviaenergo. It
just had an Aeroflot flight number. The flight attendants were paid,
trained, and could well be fired by Aviaenergo. They were not Aeroflot
flight attendants, any more than the flight attendants on Northwest
flight NW8651 are Northwest flight attendants.
--==++AJC++==--
Old July 21st 04, 09:15 PM
gatt

"devil" wrote in message

My understanding is that while they were operating a flight for Aeroflot,
they were actually not an Aeroflot crew.

If the PIC was flying the plane, it wouldn't matter if he was an Aeroflot
"pilot." He's part of the crew. Similarly, if the crew aboard the Aeroflot
flight had assumed normal responsibilities of the flight crew, it can
safely be said by anybody who isn't trying to be a pedantic usenet ass that
they were the flight crew for that Aeroflot flight.

Ergo, they were at that time an active Aeroflot crew.

-c

Old July 22nd 04, 03:08 AM
cj

"gatt" wrote in message

safely be said by anybody who isn't trying to be a pedantic usenet ass

that

"pedantic usenet ass". I like that! There's at least one in every group I
read.

PUnA

-cj

Old July 22nd 04, 03:31 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "cj" said:
"pedantic usenet ass". I like that! There's at least one in every group I
read.

And if you don't see one, that means it's you, right?

(Reference to an old poker group - "If you look around the table and can't
spot the patsy, it's you.")

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
" Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. "
Old August 16th 04, 07:25 PM
Ulf Kutzner

AJC schrieb:

The flight was a TU154 owned and operated and crewed by Aviaenergo. It
just had an Aeroflot flight number. The flight attendants were paid,
trained, and could well be fired by Aviaenergo. They were not Aeroflot
flight attendants

Was it a code share flight or a subcontracted one?

Regards, ULF