want variable pitch prop

Old October 5th 03, 06:06 AM
Ray Toews

Default want variable pitch prop

I bought a Jodel an old F11 built in 65 with 1200 hrs on it, from
what I have seen so far it looks good, rugged built.
Needs lots of tinkering, has bolts and screws sticking out everywhere
but we'll fix that, O290 lycoming really wants a variable pitch prop,
allready has a Manifold presure guage.
Ron at IVO tells me they are no longer selling to Lycomings, pity
because on a Kitfox an IVO worked really well, but I quess they can't
stand the banging of a four banger soooo what to do?
Hoffman sells a very nice prop but over $7k cdn probably closer to 8
or 9 by the time it is ready to turn, a bit steep for a $20k airplane.
Airmaster don't make one big enough,,, yet.
Anything else out there I might consider and am overlooking, maybe
somebody has a used one they don't need?
It has a Sensenich that needs to be twisted and am considering a
wooden one but would it be enough of an improvement to justify close
to $3k for a wooden prop.
A friend taxied thru about ten feet of standing Canola and trashed a
Culver WITHOUT reinforced tips, kind of surprised me I knew they were
fragile but,,, man.
I am feeling a lot better now that I have an airplane again!
A mans gotta fly.

Ray Toews
Old October 5th 03, 02:08 PM
Yosimite Sam

You might want to try NSI....Lance is making 2 and 3 blade cockpit
adjustable props for different engine applications mostly geared for Subaru,
but I believe also for certified engines. I have a warp drive with CAP and
it is a great combination.
NSI's number is 360-435-1055

--
Yosimite Sam

Old October 5th 03, 05:06 PM
RobertR237

In article 7JUfb.682184$YN5.540135@sccrnsc01, "Yosimite Sam"
writes:

You might want to try NSI....Lance is making 2 and 3 blade cockpit
adjustable props for different engine applications mostly geared for Subaru,
but I believe also for certified engines. I have a warp drive with CAP and
it is a great combination.
NSI's number is 360-435-1055

--
Yosimite Sam

Lance finally has released a prop that he will sell for the 4-banger
certifieds. I don't know how well tested it is but he claims it will work well
for the 200hp IO-360 engines.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old October 6th 03, 10:43 PM
Greg Reid

Is there a website for NSI? The phone seems sooo primitive. :-|

I'm on the lookout, too, for a lightweight electric adjustable prop
for the 180HP range. AirMaster regretfully suspended work on their
model, which looked GREAT at Sun'n'Fun a few years back. The MT is a
little too heavy and too expensive, I think. AeroTek has a
four-bladed one that looks OK, but very few in service. I won't go
near an Ivo Magnum.
Old October 6th 03, 10:48 PM
Ernest Christley

Greg Reid wrote:
Is there a website for NSI? The phone seems sooo primitive. :-|

I'm on the lookout, too, for a lightweight electric adjustable prop
for the 180HP range. AirMaster regretfully suspended work on their
model, which looked GREAT at Sun'n'Fun a few years back. The MT is a
little too heavy and too expensive, I think. AeroTek has a
four-bladed one that looks OK, but very few in service. I won't go
near an Ivo Magnum.

Does anyone sell plans for a cockpit adjustable hub?

--
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/
"Ignorance is mankinds normal state,

Old October 7th 03, 09:59 PM