F & M Oil Filter Adapter

Old January 12th 05, 03:42 AM
NW_PILOT

Default F & M Oil Filter Adapter

Well, I received my F & M oil filter adapter for my O-200 today not bad for
quality of workmanship the Casting could have been cleaned up a bit &
Machining could have been done a bit more precise for the money you spend on
the unit but I don't think its going to make a diffreance as its under the
cowling anyway and out of sight. I am droping of off to the mechanic to have
it installed tomarrow. Cannot wait oil changes on my 150 with out a big
mess.

Old January 14th 05, 01:39 AM
COUGARNFW

I received my F & M oil filter adapter for my O-200 today I am droping of off
to the mechanic to have
it installed tomarrow. Cannot wait oil changes on my 150 with out a big mess.

I tried to figure out if you were seeking more information about the filter
installation or you have assumed that oil changes would be less messy.

If you want to know more, ask a question such as how best to remove the filter
to reduce the amount of oil spilled, and ask whether you should allow the mech
to take off (desolder) the screen and whether you should remove the screen each
oil change even when you have the filter.

And don't forget to get some silicone grease to lube the gasket. And, you
have the torque wrench to secure the replacement filters?

Neal
Old January 14th 05, 04:47 AM
Dave Stadt

"COUGARNFW" wrote in message
[...]

If he thinks the filter will come off without making a mess he is going to
be hopping mad first time he tries it.