For CFI candidates: AGI redux

Old May 5th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_3_]

Default For CFI candidates: AGI redux

Just FYI for CFI candidates:

Got the same score within 2 point(91 instead of 93)on the AGI as I got
on the CFI written last week.

Spent all week learning about pinnacle approaches, retreating blade
stall, balloon license requirements, etc... figured it would be worse
than that so I didn't revisit much of the material I'd already covered.

Not a SINGLE freakin' extra RTC, GLI or LTA question that wasn't also an
AIR or ALL category.

-c
Old May 5th 08, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_3_]

Harry Potter wrote:

Not a SINGLE freakin' extra RTC, GLI or LTA question that wasn't also an
AIR or ALL category.

This is why you get one of those gliem books to study so you know what the
test covers. The AGI test is the exact same test as the CFI test, just like
the CFII test is the exact same as the IGI test.

I got the ASA books and it covers them all too. Breaks down which
questions they're going to ask for which exams (ie, RTC, WS, LTA, GLI,
AIR or ALL) and the AGI info all mention "some extra rotorcraft and
glider questions.")

One of the CFIIs said "I got some rotor questions but it wasn't a big
deal." Turns out she was correct. But if they're the same questions,
I wonder why they don't just issue the AGI when you pass the CFI written.

-c

Sun N Fun '07 Redux Jay Honeck Piloting 74 May 2nd 07 12:06 AM
Sun N Fun '07 Redux Jay Honeck Owning 44 May 2nd 07 12:06 AM
Sun N Fun '07 Redux Jay Honeck Home Built 50 May 2nd 07 12:06 AM
CSA Redux? sid Naval Aviation 19 May 11th 04 10:43 PM
CSA Redux? sid Military Aviation 9 April 18th 04 08:14 AM