Time for End-of-Season Squawk Lists

Old November 21st 04, 05:39 PM
Dave Nadler YO

Default Time for End-of-Season Squawk Lists

For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, putting the
toys away for the winter, its time to think about our
squawk lists...

Got some equipment not working perfectly ?
Perhaps now is a good time to get it serviced ?
Perhaps better than waiting for spring, then not being
ready for the start of the soaring new season ?
Or waiting a month and having your trailer snow-bound ?

Every spring all the repair shops and instrument vendors
have a mad rush of repairs and updates, and some of you
will be late starting soaring again... Beat the rush !

Any ILEC SN10 owners out there thinking about an update
to the SN10B, better over the winter than rush shipping
in Spring...

Have a great winter all,
Best Regards, Dave
Old November 21st 04, 05:51 PM
Gary Boggs

Great idea Dave, mine needs the upgrade, make it easy for me and everyone
else and tell us where to send our Ilec. .

Old November 21st 04, 11:01 PM
BTIZ

End of Season?? Putting things away?
we are just getting into our heavy.. "training season" for new students..
and will be all winter..
minus a few days to soar the local wave conditions..
and yes.. this is "northern hemisphere"

BT

m...

Old November 22nd 04, 02:26 PM
Burt Compton

For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, putting the
toys away for the winter,

Still a lot of us in the Northern Hemisphere that play with out toys
year-round! How about "below 50 N latitude."

Your point is well-taken about fixin' squawks and such. We accomplish our 7
annuals in the winter.

Winter is also a great time for soaring enthusiasts to finish their glider
rating, upgrade to Commercial or CFIG, get a Flight Review, host a SSF Safety
Seminar, learn to fly the towplane, or go south and fly with your hard-working
SSA Commercial Soaring Operations from Florida to California. We'll show you a
good time!

If planning a trip to Marfa next year, I've got a file to send folks called
"Pre-Marfa Projects" - a checklist of items for your glider and trailer to
accomplish before taking a soaring safari anywhere out west.

Send an e-mail request to and I'll send it along.

Burt Compton
Marfa Gliders, west Texas
www.flygliders.com
Old November 22nd 04, 08:43 PM
Paul Remde

Hi,

The ILEC SN-10b manual available here includes instructions for sending
units to ILEC for repair or upgrade on page 86.
http://www.ilec-gmbh.com/manuals/SN1...h_20020916.pdf

I'd also be glad to help if necessary.

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old November 22nd 04, 11:48 PM
Kilo Charlie

Hey Dave so what's the turnaround time for the upgrade?

Casey Lenox
KC
Phoenix