I've finally Had It!

Old June 7th 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Tron guy speaks out.

1.I didn't take anything down from tower (1500 ft)to fix. You made a
false assumption when you tried to derail the elevator with me in it
or break the cables. A fall from 1000-1500 feet would have hurt (

You rode an *elevator* to fix a radio tower that was 1500 feet tall?

Dang, Big John -- they grow them towers big down by you guys...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old June 7th 08, 04:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Big John

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 02:20:12 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Jay Maynard wrote in
m:

On 2008-06-06, Daryl Hunt wrote:
People, if you are going to answer any of the AUKk00ks, remove any
mention of any NG with the word "kook" in it. The AUKk00ks are
actually harmless if left to themselves.

I don't even see crossposts from alt.usenet.kooks. I wouldn't have
seen any of these if you hadn't quoted the entire post when spamming
the group with 29 copies of your top-posted three line complaint.

I wouldn't have even known you existed if i hadn't been for this poast.

Oh, and the ridiculous pics of you in the TRON outfit.

www.tronguy.net

Bertie

Bertie

Jay/TronGuy made a lot of enemies here in TX before he left.

As I recall, he is a Mensa(?), smart as hell but don't know anything.

He put my life at risk one time here (had to call police) so don't
hold him in high esteem.

Big John
Old June 7th 08, 11:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

On 2008-06-07, Jay Honeck wrote:
1.I didn't take anything down from tower (1500 ft)to fix. You made a
false assumption when you tried to derail the elevator with me in it
or break the cables. A fall from 1000-1500 feet would have hurt (

You rode an *elevator* to fix a radio tower that was 1500 feet tall?
Dang, Big John -- they grow them towers big down by you guys...

Yeeah. The Houston area is flat. Real flat. There aren't even hills around
there. To get good radio and TV coverage, they have to use tall towers.
There are something like 4 2000-foot towers close to each other on the
southwest side of town, and a couple of others elsewhere.

Naturally, you don't climb a 2000-foot tower to fix something. (Well, normal
people don't. I know one guy who climbs towers like you or I would walk out
to the mailbox. He's universally regarded with awe.) They put elevators on
them. The tower John's talking about is unusual, even as they go: it's got a
candelabra on top, and three TV antennas, one at each corner. There's a
platform between them with a 2-story, 25-foot-wide hexagonal building in the
middle. It's really pretty impressive, even if it is only 1500 feet tall.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)
Old June 7th 08, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Big John

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 16:03:55 GMT, Jay Maynard

On 2008-06-07, Big John wrote:
Jay/TronGuy made a lot of enemies here in TX before he left.

Mainly folks who wanted to take over an organization that I'd put years of
my life into through underhanded means, and I stopped them from doing it.

As I recall, he is a Mensa(?), smart as hell but don't know anything.

Once upon a time, I was a member, but I dropped it many years ago.

He put my life at risk one time here (had to call police) so don't
hold him in high esteem.

Thanks for confirming that you are, indeed, John Callahan, KR5K.

FWIW (and I'm certain you don't believe me), all I wanted to do that day was
find out why you took my radio down without bothering to tell me you were
going to do so, and in direct violation of the principles of the
organization; I found out fourth-hand. I made no threats, and had no
intention of doing anything but talking. Yes, I was badly upset. That's all
it was, however. You took it for far more than it actually was. If you'd had
the courtesy to tell me you were taking my radio off the air, the whole
thing would have been avoided.

I used to say that I'd listen with respect to anything you said about
flying, based on your long experience, and ignore anything else. At least
once upon a time, you had some integrity.

Oh, and for those who might be reading this, the incident John is referring
to took place 25 years or so ago.

Jay - OT

1.I didn't take anything down from tower (1500 ft)to fix. You made a
false assumption when you tried to derail the elevator with me in it
or break the cables. A fall from 1000-1500 feet would have hurt (
2. I did most of the repair of equipment on tower in those days.
3. Have followed Texas FM Society postings and you are a no no with
them. Threw a laptop at a lady in a meeting???? etc. I read their
postings and they still talk about you and your activities.

Nice looking bird you are getting. Listen to Dudley, and others who
have withstood the test of time and fly conservative and safe. If the
WX is bad, park the bird and go to bar and RON.

Big John
Old June 8th 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

OT --- Did you get my e-mail about the air engine car? Seemed to be
meet your requirements. No reply.

Yep. It looks great! I hope it takes off...

WX in IA has been bad. Tornados, flooding, etc.
Don't go flying in that WX.

For sure. It's been awful here -- and now the Iowa River is flooding.
Evacuation orders have been given for folks just south of our hotel...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 8th 08, 09:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Big John

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 03:21:54 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

1.I didn't take anything down from tower (1500 ft)to fix. You made a
false assumption when you tried to derail the elevator with me in it
or break the cables. A fall from 1000-1500 feet would have hurt (

You rode an *elevator* to fix a radio tower that was 1500 feet tall?

Dang, Big John -- they grow them towers big down by you guys...

;-)

Jay

The one being discussed is taller than a normal traffic pattern.

Has been some posting here about radio interference flying around the
area where the FAA authorizes all the big TV towers south of town
(Houston).

Old June 8th 08, 10:43 AM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:S6I2k.144761
$TT4.10720@attbi_s22:

OT --- Did you get my e-mail about the air engine car? Seemed to be
meet your requirements. No reply.

Yep. It looks great! I hope it takes off...

WX in IA has been bad. Tornados, flooding, etc.
Don't go flying in that WX.

For sure. It's been awful here -- and now the Iowa River is flooding.
Evacuation orders have been given for folks just south of our hotel...

And this has to do with flying.......?

Bertie
Old June 8th 08, 11:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:S6I2k.144761
$TT4.10720@attbi_s22:

OT --- Did you get my e-mail about the air engine car? Seemed to be
meet your requirements. No reply.

Yep. It looks great! I hope it takes off...

WX in IA has been bad. Tornados, flooding, etc.
Don't go flying in that WX.

For sure. It's been awful here -- and now the Iowa River is flooding.
Evacuation orders have been given for folks just south of our hotel...

And this has to do with flying.......?

Bertie

And since when has that mattered to your pea brain?

Old June 8th 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:aCO2k.4733$t07.3604
@newsfe22.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:S6I2k.144761
$TT4.10720@attbi_s22:

OT --- Did you get my e-mail about the air engine car? Seemed to be
meet your requirements. No reply.

Yep. It looks great! I hope it takes off...

WX in IA has been bad. Tornados, flooding, etc.
Don't go flying in that WX.

For sure. It's been awful here -- and now the Iowa River is flooding.
Evacuation orders have been given for folks just south of our hotel...

And this has to do with flying.......?

Bertie

And since when has that mattered to your pea brain?

Always.

Bertie
Old June 9th 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Big John

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 09:43:09 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:S6I2k.144761
$TT4.10720@attbi_s22:

OT --- Did you get my e-mail about the air engine car? Seemed to be
meet your requirements. No reply.

Yep. It looks great! I hope it takes off...

WX in IA has been bad. Tornados, flooding, etc.
Don't go flying in that WX.

For sure. It's been awful here -- and now the Iowa River is flooding.
Evacuation orders have been given for folks just south of our hotel...

And this has to do with flying.......?

Bertie

Bertie

Original comment was marked OT which you must have missed?

Car uses compressed air in four tanks under car. 65 mph and 125 mile
range. $2 for electricity to pump tanks back up. Unless you have wind
or solar power to run compressor.

Think the system could be put in a bird for short flights (hour
plus????)

Think the flying WX in IA is ok comment for RAP???

You'all have a nice week.

Big John

Finally! Wizard of Draws Piloting 23 October 18th 06 04:19 PM
FINALLY saw a P-38 fly Jay Honeck Piloting 25 July 1st 05 05:53 PM
Finally -- sunshine! Jay Honeck Piloting 15 January 16th 05 02:13 PM
The 206 is finally done C J Campbell Owning 5 December 22nd 04 03:30 AM
Finally! EDR Piloting 9 February 7th 04 02:15 PM