Lot of noise being made about Purple Hearts

Old August 25th 04, 05:19 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

"Billy Preston" wrote in message news:2SVUc.7917$ni.2571@okepread01...

I spent 8 months in one [VA Hospital]in 1991. Been there done
that. Didn't get any medal though (friendly fire).

If you really want one, (and I'm not about to complain one way or
the other) have you looked into this:

http://www.purpleheart.org/Awd_of_PH.htm

(6) It is not intended that such a strict interpretation of the
requirement for the wound or injury to be caused by direct result of
hostile action be taken that it would preclude the award being made to
deserving personnel. Commanders must also take into consideration, the
circumstances surrounding an injury, even if it appears to meet the
criteria. Note the following examples:

(b) Individuals wounded or killed as a result of "friendly fire" in
the "heat of battle" will be awarded the Purple Heart as long as the
"friendly" projectile or agent was released with the full intent of
inflicting damage or destroying enemy troops or equipment.

Though there were some changes to the criteria made in 1995 and 1996
(it is not clear exactly what) they were retroactive, in some cases
all the way back to WWI. (Yes, One).

--

FF
Old August 26th 04, 03:20 AM
sanjian

Howard Berkowitz wrote:
In article NRRWc.102826$Lj.19277@fed1read03, "sanjian"
wrote:

And Emporer (or is it king?) Moon is cheering for Bush.

Unless I missed something, Moon has not been declared to be an enemy
by any
administration, including Clinton's.

But the Kennedy Administration named Moon a target, and the actual
invasion was under Nixon.

Ouch.

Maybe that's where Kerry was, instead of Cambodia?

Old August 26th 04, 02:18 PM
LawsonE

"sanjian" wrote in message
LawsonE wrote:
"sanjian" wrote in message
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"sanjian" wrote in message

Anyone think we should get rid of every last drop of this campaign
finance mumbo jumbo and just say "look, you can't have money from
foriegners, and you have to show where it all came from"?

Absolutely! Hell, I don't even care if a candidate takes money from
foreigners, as long as there's full disclosure.

Dunno... not sure I'd want North Korea, or China, or worse - France
trying to influence our elections... at least any more than usual.

(BTW, did you notice that Kim Jong is cheering for VietKerry?)

And Emporer (or is it king?) Moon is cheering for Bush.

Unless I missed something, Moon has not been declared to be an enemy by

any
administration, including Clinton's.

Interesting, that. I guess being able to fund lots of neo-con (and likely
mainstream Democratic and Republican) endeavors gives you a LOT of political
immunity in this country. The Washington Times has lost about $1 billion
since it was founded. Since it primarily (or exclusively) touts a Republican
point of view, we could call it a $1 billion advertising subsidy to the RNC.

Kim Jong doesn't funnel a billion plus to support American interests, so he
doesn't get the same lack of close scrutiny as Moon does, in fact American
Congressmen are willing to participate in his crowning in US gov buildings.

Old August 26th 04, 02:20 PM
LawsonE

wrote:

And Emporer (or is it king?) Moon is cheering for Bush.

Unless I missed something, Moon has not been declared to be an enemy
by any
administration, including Clinton's.

But the Kennedy Administration named Moon a target, and the actual
invasion was under Nixon.

Ouch.

Maybe that's where Kerry was, instead of Cambodia?

Allegedly he WAS in Cambodia in Jan/Feb 1969, but not during Christmas 68.
Which is worse, that he wasn't there during Chritmas, or that he COULD
remember the then current President talking about Cambodia?

Old August 26th 04, 06:36 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

wrote:

And Emporer (or is it king?) Moon is cheering for Bush.

Unless I missed something, Moon has not been declared to be an enemy
by any
administration, including Clinton's.

But the Kennedy Administration named Moon a target, and the actual
invasion was under Nixon.

Ouch.

Maybe that's where Kerry was, instead of Cambodia?

"I was in Cambodia, sir. I worked along the border," O'Neill
is heard telling Nixon in a conversation that was taped by the
former president's secret recording system. The tape is stored
at the National Archives in College Park, Md.

See: http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040826/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_critic_swift_boats_3

--

FF
Old August 27th 04, 01:30 AM
Tom Cervo

"I was in Cambodia, sir. I worked along the border," O'Neill
is heard telling Nixon in a conversation that was taped by the
former president's secret recording system. The tape is stored
at the National Archives in College Park, Md.

He may have been lying to Nixon--which sounds like one of those M C Escher
prints.
Old August 27th 04, 11:27 AM
Paul J. Adam

In message , Tom Cervo
writes
Unless I missed something, Moon has not been declared to be an enemy by any
administration, including Clinton's.

It's only in the last few years that he started selling submarines to NK.

1994, if memory serves, and the submarines were more in the "liability"
than the "lethal military asset" class. Old Foxtrot and Golf-class
diesels.

--
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.
Julius Caesar I:2

Old August 28th 04, 01:36 AM
Tom Cervo

In message , Tom Cervo
writes
Unless I missed something, Moon has not been declared to be an enemy by any
administration, including Clinton's.

It's only in the last few years that he started selling submarines to NK.

1994, if memory serves, and the submarines were more in the "liability"
than the "lethal military asset" class. Old Foxtrot and Golf-class
diesels.

Considering what Bush made out of old aluminum tubes and a helium van, I'm
amazed he hasn't invaded NK.