A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

ClearNav CNv vario software update

Old April 16th 13, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default ClearNav CNv vario software update

CNv 2.0.1194 is now available as a public beta. Please read instructions and release notes and follow the setup guidance therein for best results. User Profiles should be created with the new profile editor, also beta, currently 0.6.

Most user feedback is positive (see below), but there are a few isolated bugs that occasionally crop up. By far the most annoying issue is that not all usb drives are compatible. 4 - 16 GB SanDisk Cruzer recommended -- be certain to remove any bundled disk utility software first.

Please report issues as they arise to either me, Gary, Richard or Tim.

http://www.clearnav.net/main/cn-downloads.html

Support and discussion also available at our user forum.

http://clearnav.net/simplemachinesforum/

*** three pilots willing to be publicly quoted on CNv 2.0.1194 ***

“With the new software, the CN Vario is better than my Schuemann which has been installed in my ships for the past 20 years....The Netto and TE compensation are the best ever”

John Seymour (SM)

"Overall, you have an excellent instrument here! It’s the best vario I’ve ever used. It has instantly improved my flying. The CNv will be my primary Vario for the upcoming racing season. Once you get the USB problems fixed you’ll have a great product. I’m looking forward to the XC version!”

Bif Huss (H7)

“Bloody good vario”

G Dale

Best regards,

Evan Ludeman for CNi
Old April 16th 13, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Evan,

As an embedded developer, I feel your pain. I have had trouble with sony usb sticks and PNY's that seem targeted to Apple in my products. It seems to be something with how the File Allocation Table is formatted.

I wish I had a solution for you. When I find It for me, I'll pass it along to you.

Terry
Old April 16th 13, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:32:38 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Evan,

As an embedded developer, I feel your pain. I have had trouble with sony usb sticks and PNY's that seem targeted to Apple in my products. It seems to be something with how the File Allocation Table is formatted.

I wish I had a solution for you. When I find It for me, I'll pass it along to you.

Terry

A propos memory sticks: same problem with upgrading and configuring my new PFlarm Core. Only when I dug out a little 2GB non-branded stick I had picked up at a trade show did I succeed in the Core reading the files on booting up. None of my more recent high capacity SDHC cards would work.
Herb
Old April 16th 13, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:41:37 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:32:38 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Evan,

Terry

A propos memory sticks: same problem with upgrading and configuring my new PFlarm Core. Only when I dug out a little 2GB non-branded stick I had picked up at a trade show did I succeed in the Core reading the files on booting up. None of my more recent high capacity SDHC cards would work.

Herb

Herb: That's because the core takes a USB drive, not an SD card :-).

The 8 GB Cruzer USB drive I use with success on our CN products also worked like a charm for updating my PFlarm core and Butterfly Flarm display (57mm). With some trepidation, this is the one that works for me (this isn't an endorsement, just fyi): http://tinyurl.com/bu4le4r

Terry: Thanks.

Evan Ludeman
Old April 17th 13, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, 16 April 2013 10:40:12 UTC-4, Evan Ludeman wrote:
CNv 2.0.1194 is now available as a public beta. Please read instructions and release notes and follow the setup guidance therein for best results. User Profiles should be created with the new profile editor, also beta, currently 0.6.

Most user feedback is positive (see below), but there are a few isolated bugs that occasionally crop up. By far the most annoying issue is that not all usb drives are compatible. 4 - 16 GB SanDisk Cruzer recommended -- be certain to remove any bundled disk utility software first.

“With the new software, the CN Vario is better than my Schuemann which has been installed in my ships for the past 20 years....The Netto and TE compensation are the best ever”

John Seymour (SM)

"Overall, you have an excellent instrument here! It’s the best vario I’ve ever used. It has instantly improved my flying. The CNv will be my primary Vario for the upcoming racing season. Once you get the USB problems fixed you’ll have a great product. I’m looking forward to the XC version!”

Bif Huss (H7)

“Bloody good vario”

G Dale

Best regards,

Evan Ludeman for CNi

Hi
CN display is to large for my LS panel.
What other diplay can be use with a CNvario?
Could not find this info on the website.
Thank you
S6
Old April 17th 13, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:10:58 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, 16 April 2013 10:40:12 UTC-4, Evan Ludeman wrote:

CNv 2.0.1194 is now available as a public beta. Please read instructions and release notes and follow the setup guidance therein for best results.. User Profiles should be created with the new profile editor, also beta, currently 0.6.

John Seymour (SM)

Bif Huss (H7)

“Bloody good vario”

G Dale

Best regards,

Evan Ludeman for CNi

Hi

CN display is to large for my LS panel.

What other diplay can be use with a CNvario?

Could not find this info on the website.

Thank you

S6

CNv-Club, which is the product currently shipping, does not have serial communications capability, so is a stand-alone system only. The CNv-XC upgrade (different software on same hardware), planned for initial release in May, will have serial port communication and will be able to communicate with other devices. It will take some code development and testing on the part of others after CNv-XC is released to make the integration happen.

Evan Ludeman for CNi