A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Looking to borrow an ASW-27 horizontal stabilize in SW USA



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 15th 21, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 405
Default Looking to borrow an ASW-27 horizontal stabilize in SW USA

Hello all, I had a ground handling incident yesterday and damaged my elevator. Looks like a month or more for repairs. :-(

Does anyone know of an ASW-27 that's idle at this time so I could borrow the horizontal stabilizer?

I've checked with Rex and he's pretty sure this can be done without issues.

I live in Tucson, AZ.

Thanks,

5Z
Ads
  #2  
Old May 16th 21, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,439
Default Looking to borrow an ASW-27 horizontal stabilize in SW USA

On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 11:56:16 AM UTC-7, 5Z wrote:
Hello all, I had a ground handling incident yesterday and damaged my elevator. Looks like a month or more for repairs. :-(

Does anyone know of an ASW-27 that's idle at this time so I could borrow the horizontal stabilizer?

I've checked with Rex and he's pretty sure this can be done without issues.

I live in Tucson, AZ.

Thanks,

5Z


Check with the insurers to get names of businesses that have purchased wrecks.

Tom
  #3  
Old May 16th 21, 06:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 601
Default Looking to borrow an ASW-27 horizontal stabilize in SW USA

My old 27 survived the Byron mid air relatively intact. The elevator was in good shape as far as I could tell.. However I am not sure how well the recovery company handled it and who has it.

Ramy

On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 8:07:16 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 11:56:16 AM UTC-7, 5Z wrote:
Hello all, I had a ground handling incident yesterday and damaged my elevator. Looks like a month or more for repairs. :-(

Does anyone know of an ASW-27 that's idle at this time so I could borrow the horizontal stabilizer?

I've checked with Rex and he's pretty sure this can be done without issues.

I live in Tucson, AZ.

Thanks,

5Z

Check with the insurers to get names of businesses that have purchased wrecks.

Tom

  #4  
Old May 16th 21, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hank Nixon
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 60
Default Looking to borrow an ASW-27 horizontal stabilize in SW USA

On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 2:56:16 PM UTC-4, 5Z wrote:
Hello all, I had a ground handling incident yesterday and damaged my elevator. Looks like a month or more for repairs. :-(

Does anyone know of an ASW-27 that's idle at this time so I could borrow the horizontal stabilizer?

I've checked with Rex and he's pretty sure this can be done without issues.

I live in Tucson, AZ.

Thanks,

5Z

Which side on elevator? May have.
UH
  #5  
Old May 16th 21, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 405
Default Looking to borrow an ASW-27 horizontal stabilize in SW USA

On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 5:31:06 AM UTC-7, Hank Nixon wrote:
Which side on elevator? May have.


It's the left. I've left a voicemail and emailed you.

Thanks!
  #6  
Old May 17th 21, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 405
Default Looking to borrow an ASW-27 horizontal stabilize in SW USA

Found one!!!

Now I'll get to fly the OLC week tasks at El Tiro next week - May 21-31.

5Z

On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 9:16:56 AM UTC-7, 5Z wrote:
On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 5:31:06 AM UTC-7, Hank Nixon wrote:
Which side on elevator? May have.

It's the left. I've left a voicemail and emailed you.

Thanks!

  #7  
Old May 17th 21, 07:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 601
Default Looking to borrow an ASW-27 horizontal stabilize in SW USA

Hank also saved me when I was desperate for a 27 canopy frame. Thanks Hank for keeping junk around which may come handy someday!

Ramy

On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 6:58:55 PM UTC-7, 5Z wrote:
Found one!!!

Now I'll get to fly the OLC week tasks at El Tiro next week - May 21-31.

5Z
On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 9:16:56 AM UTC-7, 5Z wrote:
On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 5:31:06 AM UTC-7, Hank Nixon wrote:
Which side on elevator? May have.

It's the left. I've left a voicemail and emailed you.

Thanks!

  #8  
Old May 22nd 21, 05:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 405
Default Looking to borrow an ASW-27 horizontal stabilize in SW USA

So I ended up borrowing a horizontal stab from a friend in CA, but unfortunately, it doesn't fit. So I put his elevator on my stab and that also doesn't fit. Looks like I would need to remove about 1-2 mm to fit my wider elevator drive.

The repair to my damaged elevator should be complete in 3-4 weeks, so I'll just fly club ships when I get the urge.

5Z
  #9  
Old May 22nd 21, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
R[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 27
Default Looking to borrow an ASW-27 horizontal stabilize in SW USA

This Movie sucks...where's the clicker?



  #10  
Old May 23rd 21, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nicholas Kennedy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 78
Default Looking to borrow an ASW-27 horizontal stabilize in SW USA

Do you REALLY need a elevator?
I've read here on RAS you can fly a ASW 20 without the elevator hooked up, if you know what your doing. Isn't -the 27 very similar?
Nick
T
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need to borrow/rent an L-23 Trailer [email protected] Soaring 2 September 28th 18 11:55 AM
PW-5 Panel-Need to buy, lease, or borrow [email protected] Soaring 0 October 25th 12 01:48 PM
Want to borrow the Mold for Libelle vents Free Flight 107 Soaring 1 January 30th 11 03:21 PM
Borrow or buy a 1550 bracket Dick[_3_] Soaring 1 February 20th 08 06:27 PM
PW5 Wanted to Borrow Kevin Christner Soaring 0 December 12th 03 01:37 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.