"Rolling" to ATC

Old February 7th 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default "Rolling" to ATC

F. Reid writes:

Actually, instructors are in fact sky gods.They are all knowing and
all telling pillars of the aviation community.They are men among men
(even the females).All kidding aside, you would expect a person to
have a certain level of knowlege for a certain level of ratings.

Maybe. But people can forget, and they can also know exactly what's required
to pass the tests, and nothing more.

I don't know if it is the real person or not; I'm just pointing out the
possibilities, and the fact that one cannot be certain of anything on USENET.

Good point.And this is exactly MY point.If AS disagrees with someone,
he could stand to be a bit civil. Also, the guy shouldnt debate topics
he does not have a grasp of. Kind of like what you did a few threads
ago.

I always have a grasp of the topics I debate, although I may not necessarily
be an expert. When I don't know, I ask questions. However, I don't accept
answers at face value, since experience has taught me the danger of this, and
sometimes people get upset when they answer and their answers are not treated
as gospel.

Incongruent?I dont know what that means.Dont use big words with me.

Incongruent with reality means that it doesn't match up with reality.

Or in this case he is calling other peoples credentals into
question. Thats an opinion I could do without.

Credentials are often so useless for establishing a person's qualifications
that I don't think that questioning them really makes much difference. Anyone
willfully naive enough or lazy enough to rely on credentials alone when
looking for authoritative sources will pretty much get what he deserves.

Old February 7th 07, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

F. Reid writes:

Good point.In an effort to respect the guy's privacy I havent looked
it up anways.

I had to provide my personal information to look it up, so getting his
personal information was a fairly even trade. Of course, I wouldn't republish
the information outside of the database (if others want to know, they can
provide their personal information to get it, too).

I suppose the FAA might keep a log of people who make queries on their
database, looking up pilots' certifications, but I have no quarrel with that,
given what the database contains.

Old February 7th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Barney Rubble

Nope he speaks for me as well, we conversed beforehand, so"us" is correct.

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Newps writes:

Doesn't matter to us.

You speak for yourself only.

Old February 7th 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Barney Rubble writes:

Nope he speaks for me as well, we conversed beforehand, so"us" is correct.

Then why are you posting this?

Old February 7th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
dlevy

I don't know why but that is funny.

"Rip" wrote in message
Anthony, why would it be undesirable were you to kill yourself in a
simulator crash?

Rip

Old February 10th 07, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Sarangan

On Feb 6, 11:22 pm, "F. Reid" wrote:
On Feb 6, 8:47 pm, "Andrew Sarangan" wrote:

Seems this thread has degraded. First it was MX, then someone named
alice who goes around claiming anyone he disagrees with are not real
pilots.

I read what you posted to Alice, and you really owe her an apology.You
claimed that anyone who disagreed with you needed to "Go back to the
basics".Do you treat your students like this?

You are right. I do owe an apology to alice for saying that she "had
to go back to the basics". Stuff happens, and discussions do sometimes
get out of control. I was defending John Denker's book, not myself.
However, my comment was uncalled for. So here is my sincere apology
for that statement.

Most of us in this group don't come here because we have too much
spare time. I am here only because I learn something new from these
discussions. In that spirit, I am still eager to find out what is so
wrong with Denker's book. The comments that ' the book is free only
because no one would pay for it' is a serious defamation of a
professional author who has been generous with his work. I don't need
an apology for it because it is not my book. However, if there is
indeed a serious flaw, it would be beneficial for all of us to know
the specifics.

You too felt the need to make broad accusations that 'several of my
basic concepts were completely backwards' and that 'I can't possibly
be a CFI much less a pilot'. Those are very broad and nonspecific that
I can't defend them nor use them in any constructive manner.

Yes, I am a real pilot, flight instructor and an enthusiast,

Come on dude, I have read some of your other posts and you have
several basic concepts completely backwards.There is no way you are a
CFI much less a rated pilot.Like I said before, there is nothing wrong
with a non flying enthusiast on this list.Just be honest.
FR