Read 'em & Weep -- Rec. Aviation Rogues Gallery is Coming Down

Old September 4th 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Read 'em & Weep -- Rec. Aviation Rogues Gallery is Coming Down

There once was a time, not long ago, when this group was filled with
hundreds of positive, upbeat, and interesting pilots and aviation
enthusiasts. It was a fascinating place, with the only shortfall being that
we couldn't SEE what each of us was/were flying.

Therefore, I came up with the idea of a Rec.Aviation Rogues Gallery, where
regular posters could post a little biographical information and some
pictures of their aircraft. See it he
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm

As you can see, it was pretty popular, and it was great fun to administer.
It really helped give a "feel" for the person you were talking to, and I
think everyone enjoyed the opportunity to show off their "pride & joy"
aircraft.

You may see pictures of some current posters, but what you'll notice most is
the huge number of people who are no longer here. One by one, almost all
the great folks in the Rogues Gallery have been driven off by the
"Bertie/MX/Rich/Mikey/Maxwell Troll-o-Rama Show". I would not have
believed it to be possible, but in a relatively short period of time this
tiny handful of trolls and sock-puppets has driven away an amazing number of
people. As a result, this group, for all intents and purposes, no longer
exists as an avenue of meaningful exchange for pilots.

It is therefore with great sadness that I've decided to pull the gallery
down. Look at it, copy/save your pictures if you'd like, enjoy it while you
can -- but Friday it's going away. There's simply no reason for it to
exist anymore.

Blue skies, all.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 4th 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

There once was a time, not long ago, when this group was filled with
hundreds of positive, upbeat, and interesting pilots and aviation
enthusiasts.

And then you showed up.

It was a fascinating place, with the only shortfall
being that we couldn't SEE what each of us was/were flying.

Therefore, I came up with the idea of a Rec.Aviation Rogues Gallery,
where regular posters could post a little biographical information and
some pictures of their aircraft. See it he
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm

Spamtard

Bertie

Old September 4th 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
F. Baum

On Sep 4, 9:14*am, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

It is therefore with great sadness that I've decided to pull the gallery
down. *Look at it, copy/save your pictures if you'd like, enjoy it while you
can -- but Friday it's going away. * There's simply no reason for it to
exist anymore.

Honestly dude, you act like you are trying to get even with people on
this list. If you feel the need to move on, why not just do so ?

Blue skies, all.

FB
Old September 4th 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

On Sep 4, 11:14*am, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
[...]

I didn't know this site existed -- too bad it's going, it makes for
interesting reading. Ah, but you're going to get flak because it is --
can I say the word? -- moderated!.A photo ID might me a good idea for
a forum, we already know people who are not easily identified manage
to contaminate some newsgoups.

Old September 4th 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

on 9/4/2008 9:20 AM F. Baum said the following:
On Sep 4, 9:14 am, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

It is therefore with great sadness that I've decided to pull the gallery
down. Look at it, copy/save your pictures if you'd like, enjoy it while you
can -- but Friday it's going away. There's simply no reason for it to
exist anymore.

Honestly dude, you act like you are trying to get even with people on
this list. If you feel the need to move on, why not just do so ?

It's his style. He's a control freak. If he can't have everything
exactly his way, including no dissent, Jay takes his ball and goes home.
Old September 4th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

"Rich Ahrens" wrote in message
ouse.com...
on 9/4/2008 9:20 AM F. Baum said the following:
On Sep 4, 9:14 am, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

It is therefore with great sadness that I've decided to pull the gallery
down. Look at it, copy/save your pictures if you'd like, enjoy it while
you
can -- but Friday it's going away. There's simply no reason for it to
exist anymore.

Honestly dude, you act like you are trying to get even with people on
this list. If you feel the need to move on, why not just do so ?

It's his style. He's a control freak. If he can't have everything exactly
his way, including no dissent, Jay takes his ball and goes home.

What's truly fully is he honestly believes his game was really worth
something. I've seen some childish behavior on usenet, and his ranks pretty
high on that list. I doubt his participation on usenet was ever much more
than just a chance for him to plug his 3rd rate hotel. When his true nature
as a jerk was revealed, he eventually realized he wasn't getting anywhere
with that and now he wants to try and justify his removal of participation
with childish antics.

I wonder how long he would stay in business if he denied access to his hotel
because he didn't like someone or didn't agree with their politics?
Personally I don't see how he stays in business anyway. The place is
obviously a 60-70's era motel in bad need of overhaul that he just hung a
few cheap aviation pictures on the walls and tries to bill it as a "themed
hotel". Of course, in Iowa City, it's probably considered a jewel.

Old September 4th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
dlevy

The fact is you clogged this forum with every little change to your site.
I, for one, got very sick of your continous updates. Hopefully this will be
the last message about you and your site.

Old September 4th 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Hmmmm. There's simply no reason to keep it up, so instead of doing
nothing, you're
going through the effort of removing it.

Methinks there's more going on here than meets the eye.

???

Why would I waste bandwidth on my website for a group that no longer exists?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 4th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

What's next?
An announcement that you're going to register "Democrat".

Ha! Of all the things you have to worry about, that's pretty low on the
list...

Or "Republican", for that matter.

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 4th 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Jay Honeck" wrote in

There once was a time, not long ago, when this group was filled with
hundreds of positive, upbeat, and interesting pilots and aviation
enthusiasts.

Bye jay.

Take your self-promotion, your Rogues Gallery, your politics, and especially
your illusions of special entitlement along with you, and don't let the rap door
hit you in the ass as you leave.

Vaughn