BD5B

Old November 13th 03, 02:57 PM
Big John

Default BD5B

NTBS posted today fatal BD5B crash in Traverse City, MI on 1 November.

Looked close as thought it might have been Juan trying to fly his bird
but was a 'B' not a 'J'.

No info on engine, first flight or ?????

Big John

Old November 14th 03, 02:59 AM
Ben Sego

sean trost wrote:
In my opinion that is in bad form John.
all the best
Sean

Sean,
Maybe I missed something, but that didn't particularly seem in bad form
to me. When a Fly Baby went down a couple of years ago, I wondered if
it was Ron. If I had heard of a BD5_J_ going down, I would wonder if it
were Juan. There might have been ill intent in Big John's heart, (to
poorly paraphrase a former peanut farmer) but I don't think I see it in
the posting.

B.S.

Old November 14th 03, 05:23 AM
Big John

Let me start over.

My condolences to the family of the pilot. It is difficult to properly
express ones feelings to the family of pilots who lose their lives in
aircraft accidents (especially homebuilts).

I'm glad it was not Juan as I hold no personal animosities against him
even though I many times don't agree with what he says and his
actions. His loss would leave a big hole in the r.a.h. comunity and I
have heard him say a few things on the + side when he is not fighting
with Chuck.

I did look close to make sure it wss not his plane which I consider to
only be a normal thing after he has posted so much about this BD5 and
that he is going to fly it.

No one has posted a follow up with the name of the BD5 pilot, and
details of the accident (1000 ft short on final). You don't see many
BD5 accidents but there are not a lot flying so statically the
accident rate is probably pretty high vs other homebuilts with a lot
completed and flying?

Since Juan is active in the BD5 comunity, he may come on and give us
the details of this accident if no one else does?.

All fly safe.

Big John

Now, does that make everyone happy?

Old November 14th 03, 06:03 AM
- Barnyard BOb -

Read it again, Sean, and try to forget that Juan is what he is...

I don't see any bad form in *what John wrote* - if you read it alone. If you
think John believes Juan is a royal asshole and John would celebrate his
untimely death, you might have a point.

But that's not here, that I can see, anyway.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If a BD5 of any sort goes down...
it won't ever have Jaun in it.

If anyone believes otherwise...
What kind of odds are you giving?

Barnyard BOb -- wanna buy the Brooklyn Bridge?

Old November 14th 03, 12:57 PM
sean trost

Big John,
Seems I was shootin off at the mouth...er keyboard.
Sorry bout that.
Sean

Old November 14th 03, 12:59 PM
sean trost

Is the bridge painted or not ?
How many hours does it got ?
is shipping included ?
Does is come with tool booths ?

Sean

Old November 14th 03, 01:20 PM
- Barnyard BOb -

Is the bridge painted or not ?
How many hours does it got ?
is shipping included ?
Does is come with tool booths ?

Sean

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes.
Yes.
Yes
AND....

Sorry.
No TOOL booths.

Check TV's... Home Improvement.
Tell Tim the Toolman Taylor, I sent ya.

http://www.morepower.com/tim.html

Barnyard BOb -- Who luvs New York?

Old November 14th 03, 01:33 PM
- Barnyard BOb -

Is the bridge painted or not ?
How many hours does it got ?
is shipping included ?
Does is come with tool booths ?

Sean

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes.

TT = 1,165,087.3 hours
ZERO, "O" Top Overhaul included

Old November 14th 03, 01:57 PM
Corky Scott

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:23:22 -0600, Big John
wrote:

No one has posted a follow up with the name of the BD5 pilot, and
details of the accident (1000 ft short on final). You don't see many
BD5 accidents but there are not a lot flying so statically the
accident rate is probably pretty high vs other homebuilts with a lot
completed and flying?

Man those BD5's just don't seem like a good idea. Tiny, high stall
speed, tight engine compartment, and the pilot sits right on the
bottom of the fuselage.

The airplane has been discussed in this group previously and my
recollection is that it has a very high fatal accident rate. It's
first flight accident rate is also very high. Perhaps Ron Wanttaja
can step in with his always meticulous statistical analysis.

Corky Scott