Jay, watch those Pathfinder keys!

Old October 16th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

Default Jay, watch those Pathfinder keys!

On Oct 15, 1:57 pm, "Montblack" Y4_NOT!...
wrote:
("Ricky" wrote)

My oldest brother had recently gotten his private cert. in the 70s and, in
my dad's absense, convinced my mom that "dad said I could take my
girlfriend on a plane ride." My dad was on a day-long trip training a
pilot in the Howard 500.

http://maxair2air.com/06AIR/Howard500/O01.html
There are a couple of Howard 500's at our airport - GREAT looking plane.

http://maxair2air.com/AIR/MaxAirArchive.html
Interesting photo site - much of it local to the Twin Cities area

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/m.zoeller/HowardPix.htm
Some more Howards

Montblack

That yellow & green one is the only one left flying right now.
I'm aquainted with the pilot/mechanic, who has been flying &
maintaining this 500 for several different owners (insurance &
experience benifits).
The Howard is an incredibly expensive & complex bird to keep flying &
maintaining.
My dad was involved with the R&D in making the Howard 250 & 500 an all
new aircraft (not just old WWII stock) and a leader in the executive
transport arena. Unfortunately, Dee Howard & my dad were several years
too late as the Lear had already gained a significant foothold by the
time the Howard was ready for the market.
My dad was Dee Howard's chief pilot, test pilot, and instructor in all
the Howard line of aircraft.
The Howard is a big, beautiful twin taildragger with lots of power,
speed & sex appeal.

Ricky

Ricky

Old October 16th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Ricky" wrote)
The Howard is a big, beautiful twin taildragger with lots of power, speed
& sex appeal.

Wanted to make sure people knew this was a photo album link.

(click the ) for more pics.

Old October 17th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Montblack" wrote

http://maxair2air.com/06AIR/Howard500/O01.html
There are a couple of Howard 500's at our airport - GREAT looking plane.

EVERYONE !

You owe it to yourself, to look (in detail-follow the links) to look this
over, closely, if you did not know about this bird. I never knew anything
like this existed. It is fascinating.

Imagine; a twin radial blowing past big, modern jets on approach, because it
doesn't want to go that slow.

A nearly sea level cabin, at 20,000 feet, with the ability to go much
higher.

All this, and it still flies every day or two, and not just for air shows
and such.

Fascinating.
--
Jim in NC

Old October 18th 07, 12:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John T

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com

As for flying, we're trying to instill in him a healthy fear of IFR
conditions, the importance of a thorough pre-flight, the stupidity of
buzzing your friend's house, etc.

I think I understand your point, but can we agree on teaching a healthy
*respect* for IMC (instead of fear)?

--
John T
http://sage1solutions.com/blogs/TknoFlyer