KLN 94 & FliteStar Connection

Old December 26th 03, 05:57 PM
fbj

Default KLN 94 & FliteStar Connection

I have a C182 w/ KLN 94 and Flitestar. I use a Commander docking
station for monthly gps updates. I was give a laptop computer for
Xmas. Can anyone give me an overview of how to use the
laptop/flitestar with the KLN 94? For example... do I need a new
cable that goes from a USB port on the laptop to the data loader jack?

I now print the flight plan, and manually enter data in the KLN. How
can/should I best use my laptop with flitestar and the KLN?

thanks
Old December 26th 03, 08:09 PM
C J Campbell

"fbj" wrote in message
om...

| I now print the flight plan, and manually enter data in the KLN.

I think that is the best way. Flitestar has a nasty little habit of not
recognizing that the waypoints are already in your GPS database. Instead it
creates new user waypoints that duplicate the waypoints in your database.
You end up with a bunch of user waypoints that have the same name and
identifiers as the original ones, only the new ones do not carry any
additional information such as radio frequencies, runway length, etc.