RAAF Hornet

Old March 15th 07, 08:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

Default RAAF Hornet

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A21-55 copy.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	8129
Old March 15th 07, 09:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CD[_3_]

"Glenn" wrote in message

Eight bombing missions in Iraq I presume?

Old March 15th 07, 10:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Enzo Matrix

Was that picture taken from underneath a hydraulic testing rig? Or did you
have a *very* big pair of ear defenders? :-D

--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Old March 15th 07, 09:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

Jamestown Airshow in South Australia.

Many years ago, I was standing on the edge of rthe runway at Canberra (yes
the edge) when an F111 was taking off. It was as quiet as anything as it was
approaching me. Memory may be playing tricks but in my had there was no
sound but I am sure there was some. Anyway, I was using an old hasslebald
with a manual wind on so I only really had one sho. So I prefocussed on a
spot and waited for it to arrive. After I took the shot, I lowered the
camera and watched it roll past me. Even as it was level with me it was
extremely quiet but at the moment the engines passed me I was treated to the
loudest bang I have ever heard in my life. I don't recall any roar or
anything after just the BANG as everything hit me all at once.

The atatched photo is it scaned about 10 years ago on old technology so it
isn't great but you get the idea. Note the special weapons confige on it.

"Enzo Matrix" wrote in message
Was that picture taken from underneath a hydraulic testing rig? Or did you
have a *very* big pair of ear defenders? :-D

--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	f111-26.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	8146
Old March 16th 07, 11:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim Morris[_2_]

At least you ducked just in time after the shot. One of these days you are
gonna lose your HEAD!! lol

Jim Morris

Old March 18th 07, 06:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Glenn" wrote in news:45f8fe95
@news.velocitynet.com.au:

Attachment decoded: A21-55 copy.jpg

Yoiks!

You've taken a job as stowaway inspector? 8^o

RAAF F-111 a Erin J Aviation Photos 5 February 28th 07 11:15 AM
RAAF F-111 b Erin J Aviation Photos 1 February 27th 07 02:58 PM
RAAF F-111 c Erin J Aviation Photos 0 February 27th 07 06:41 AM
RAAF F/A-18 Hornet Targetting Systems Upgrade Thommo Military Aviation 19 July 20th 04 09:45 PM
ID question: hornet or super-hornet? Jim Battista Military Aviation 12 April 20th 04 10:33 PM