Off to the Alexis Park Inn tomorrow

Old June 30th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Default Off to the Alexis Park Inn tomorrow

Steve Foley wrote:

Hope Jay doesn't whack you with a cancellation fee

As a fly-in, he provides a same-day, before 6:00pm local time cancellation
policy, so no fee.

--
Peter
Old June 30th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Al[_1_]

Good compass tracking practice.

Got a compass, Got a clock. Lift is not affected. Good Luck.

Al G

"Peter R." wrote in message
Jim Burns wrote:

Can you reschedule your vacation and head to OSH? or had you also planned
on
doing OSH?

No, I hadn't planned on OSH this year. Some year, yes. However, I am
reconsidering the trip VFR. Today and tomorrow look pretty good after
all.

--
Peter

Old June 30th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Got a compass, Got a clock. Lift is not affected. Good Luck.

Lift most certainly =is= affected. Bad weather sucks. Good weather
doesn't suck. So, if there is good weather, there should be more lift,
since suckage doesn't need to be counteracted.

Jose
--
The monkey turns the crank and thinks he's making the music.
Old June 30th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Hope Jay doesn't whack you with a cancellation fee

As a fly-in, he provides a same-day, before 6:00pm local time cancellation
policy, so no fee.

Tick...tick...tick...tick....

We just heard Peter's Bonanza entering the pattern at 5:35 PM! I'm
off to go pick him up...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 30th 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

We just heard Peter's Bonanza entering the pattern at 5:35 PM! I'm
off to go pick him up...

Whoo-wee....this is the new "stranger than fiction" award-winner:

After hearing "Peter" on Unicom, I went to the airport...

....and met the plane on the ramp...
....a Bonanza...just like Peters...
....with the tail number ending in the same letter "W"...
....AND the guy's name *was* "Peter"...

and it wasn't "our" Peter!

First time THAT has ever happened before...the guy sure was surprised!

So, we still don't know where the "real" Peter is....
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 1st 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

He posted from, NY(?), he had instrument problems - was considering VFR.
Those posts came in between 1:30pm and 3:00pm this afternoon.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.aviation.piloting/browse_thread/thread/2ac61cb52a9ebe67/9b947ee556f6da86?hl=en#9b947ee556f6da86

Montblack
(Last day of June)

("Jay Honeck" wrote)
So, we still don't know where the "real" Peter is....

Old July 1st 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns

hmm... that sounds awfully suspicious to me... are you sure that you're not
just kidnapping transient pilots to fill up the Inn??!

"Ok, your N number ends in "W", come with me... during your stay you shall
be named Peter R., what's that? your name really is Peter? Get in the van,
keep your hands where I can see them, and no sudden moves. Mary, unlock the
Lindberg Baby Suite, I've caught another one!"

Jim

oups.com...

Old July 1st 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

"Ok, your N number ends in "W", come with me... during your stay you shall
be named Peter R., what's that? your name really is Peter? Get in the van,
keep your hands where I can see them, and no sudden moves. Mary, unlock the
Lindberg Baby Suite, I've caught another one!"

And Joe likes it cuz he gets to use their credit card numbers to buy
video games...

;-)

Still no word from Peter...

:-(
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 1st 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

He posted from, NY(?), he had instrument problems - was considering VFR.
Those posts came in between 1:30pm and 3:00pm this afternoon.

Roger that. However, Peter spoke with Mary on the phone since then,
first to cancel his reservation, then to UN-cancel it, cuz he was going
VFR.

Hope everything is alright. I don't see any significant weather that
he couldn't have easily circumnavigated between New York and Iowa...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 1st 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns

Hmm... .You got his N number? give flight circus a call, maybe he filed a
flight plan.
Jim

ups.com...