Interruption in Flight Log

Old May 21st 16, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Interruption in Flight Log

The log on my flight yesterday 05/20/16) is broken into two files as posted on OLC- can anyone help me stitch them together? Validation issue as well on one which may be due to this.

Thanks!

Gary Osoba
wosoba at cox dot.net
Old May 21st 16, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

On Saturday, 21 May 2016 13:10:51 UTC-6, wrote:
The log on my flight yesterday 05/20/16) is broken into two files as posted on OLC- can anyone help me stitch them together? Validation issue as well on one which may be due to this.

Thanks!

Gary Osoba
wosoba at cox dot.net

You can do this yourself. Use a simple text editor such as NOTEPAD and open the second file. Find the beginning of the B records, copy all of them. Open up the first file and paste the B records after the last B records in the first file. Save under another file name. Security will be no god but ...

I will be willing to assist but will take a day or so as I finish up other stuff

Ron Gleason
Old May 21st 16, 09:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Primary recorder was a Nano which failed when it came loose from mounting.

Backup, which generated the logs posted is a Dell Streak running Tom Hat.

Thanks,

Gary
Old May 22nd 16, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Yeah... no way to get a secure log out of that. You can stitch them together as suggested above, but OLC will not score this as a valid flight. If Ron's too busy you can send them to me and I'll do it. You'll be able to analyze the flight (for example in SeeYou), but it won't pass muster for OLC, records, etc.

Erik Mann (P3)
Old May 22nd 16, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

I read it that both loggers had incomplete files. You can't mix files from two different manufacturers.
Old May 22nd 16, 09:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

I believe OLC provides a form for this (and other claim issues)
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/gliding/help.html
Scroll to the bottom and choose option 2.5
From my experience you will normally get scored as well.

Ramy
Old June 11th 16, 11:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Quietpilot

On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 9:23:04 PM UTC-5, Bob Gibbons wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2016 12:10:50 -0700 (PDT), [someone] wrote:

The log on my flight yesterday 05/20/16) is broken into two files as posted on
OLC- can anyone help me stitch them together? Validation issue as well on one
which may be due to this.

Thanks!

Gary Osoba
wosoba at cox dot.net

Gary, if you are comfortable with DOS commands, you can use the DOS
Copy command running under a Command window (use "cmd" in most
versions of Windows).

Just as an example for 2 files;
File 1: 64NG8IP1.IGC
File 2: 64NG8IP2.IGC

The following command will concatente the two files into a 3rd file
with full security. The 3rd file will be 64NG8IP3.IGC

copy 64NG8IP1.IGC+64NG8IP2.IGC 64NG8IP3.IGC

Note the final numeral must be incremented for the concatenated
version.

If this proves unsuccesful or too difficult, just email me the files.

Bob

Gratifying to know the nearly lost art of command line is not dead yet.

P9
Old June 13th 16, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

My favorite part of Option 2.5 is the note that gets posted immediately below the "request help" box.

"Please ask somebody else with more experience (a competitor with smiley may be able to help you)"