Coalition casualties for september

Old October 1st 03, 08:32 PM
Stephen Harding

ArtKramr wrote:

Are you gonna post lists of people who drowned in their bath tubs / were eaten
by crocodiles / had heart attacks due to over eating / fell overboard ferries /
dived under trains etc ?

None that you listed were sent to their deaths for political purposes.

In all fairness, people killed in every war die for political purposes.
Iraq, Panama, Vietnam, Korea, WWII, WWI, ...

It ultimately all boils down to politics.

SMH
Old October 1st 03, 09:25 PM
TJ

Michael Petukhov wrote:

6 (Royal Navy)
4 (Royal Air Force)
10 (Royal Marines)
31 [3] (Royal Army)

Royal Army Michael?!

Michael, what about all those "hidden Coalition casualties" that you were
bumping your gums about during the initial stages of the conflict?

TJ

Old October 1st 03, 10:33 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: Coalition casualties for september
From: (Jeffrey Smidt)
Date: 10/1/03 2:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time
(Michael Petukhov) wrote in message
.com...
http://www.iraqwar.ru/iraq-read_arti...=21321&lang=en

servicemen killed in the war against Iraq:

Total announced as of 30th of September: 367 (314 US, 51 UK, 1
Denmark, 1 Spain)

Total casualties after 1st of May: 196 (176 US, 18 UK, 1 Denmark, 1
Spain)

Yep, sounds about right. Thats what happens when your fighting a war.
We just need to make sure their sacrifice is worth it and not give in
to the panty waists.

Seems all the 'freedom fighteres' are still rushing to Iraq to fight
the Great Satan. Bring em on, we will help em on their way to see
Paradise. Bon Voyage.

"we?" You mean you are over there fighting?

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old October 2nd 03, 06:11 AM
Ron

Not really. A fair number of people are injured or killed by
exploding truck and tractor tires. They do run just a bit more
pressure than your typical car tires, you know....

One can calculate the potential by finding the number of square inches, and
multiply by the pressure, assuming a tire is inflated when it blows up.

It can be quite a bit of energy...

I almost was killed too a couple of years ago while changing a flat tire...I
was on the lake ponchartrain bridge outside of N'awlins, and had a blowout
halfway across that 20 mile long bridge. While changing the tire, I notice a
car heading right for me..I move out of the way enough so that I only get a
glancing hit across my ass, as opposed to a square hit to my body. The car
that hit me kept going, right back into their lane, never slowing or stopping.

Ron
Pilot/Wildland Firefighter

Old October 2nd 03, 10:22 AM
Michael Petukhov

"TJ" wrote in message ...
Michael Petukhov wrote:

6 (Royal Navy)
4 (Royal Air Force)
10 (Royal Marines)
31 [3] (Royal Army)

Royal Army Michael?!

Michael, what about all those "hidden Coalition casualties" that you were
bumping your gums about during the initial stages of the conflict?

TJ

Cite please, I cannot really recall. These are official casualties list.
Since Bush would be very much interested in hiding real numbers of
US losses in Iraq I can imagine that there are also more complete lists
of coalition casualties. But so far unfortunately I have not seen any
creadible enough data on that matters. However do not worry if I find
I'll post it as well.

Michael
Old October 3rd 03, 01:28 AM
Peter Kemp

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 22:21:37 +0100, "Brian Sharrock"
wrote:

snip aquaplaning info

Thanks Brian, absolutely fascinating - I'd always assumed lower
pressure was better for grip - which probably explains my first car
accident a few years back.

Imagine a very battered Ford Escort worth slightly less than it's tank
of petrol (yes, this was in the UK). Then imagine a 21 year old
discovering what aquaplaning is rather too close to a brand new Jaguar
XJS. Ooops :-)

Anyway thanks again for the info.

Peter Kemp
---