Scam I think!!!

Old June 3rd 20, 11:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Szikora

Default Scam I think!!!

All this reminds me of a Seinfeld episode. Kramer responds to an email request for help from a “Nigerian prince“ by sending him the cash he requested. Gerry and the others ridicule him for falling for that old scam. At the end of the episode, the Nigerian prince shows up at Kramer’s apartment to return the borrowed money and hang out with him!
Old June 6th 20, 06:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 3:57:22 AM UTC-7, Stephen Szikora wrote:
All this reminds me of a Seinfeld episode. Kramer responds to an email request for help from a “Nigerian prince“ by sending him the cash he requested. Gerry and the others ridicule him for falling for that old scam. At the end of the episode, the Nigerian prince shows up at Kramer’s apartment to return the borrowed money and hang out with him!

These scammers keep on scamming because it works - at least some of the time. There will be NO GOOD outcome from dealing with these clowns. They have, literally, stolen the life savings of good, if not prudent, people. Making light of the issue not only serves no purpose, but it also HELPS these scammers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_scam
I have also been personally approached with the "Hi Grandpa. I'm in jail in blank and need your help" scam. Of course, he never says his name because that would be a dead give-away. I keep them on the phone for as long as possible because this disrupts their scam.

Tom
Old June 6th 20, 06:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Friday, June 5, 2020 at 10:32:36 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
[...]

Examples of internet scams:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...in-los-angeles

https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/20...TlJ/story.html
Old June 6th 20, 11:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Szikora

Meanwhile your grandson rots in jail.
Old June 6th 20, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kandiru

Amazing, at the levels of income and intelligence in this community some scumbag wants to rip.

Contact FBI, hopefully you stumble upon a creative agent, my elderly neighbors managed to get an entire Nigerian gang captured and put in jail for a long time playing into a scam with help from agents, very rewarding experience they claim.
Old June 6th 20, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Just because a genuine relative is in jail does not mean you're
obligated to bail him out.Â* I'd first ask, "Why is he there?", and then
decide if I was going to bail him out.Â* I'd also ask his name unless I
was certain it was him.

--
Dan, 5J

Is it a scam! Geoff Minors Soaring 11 February 22nd 20 07:51 AM
FAA EEO SCAM FAA EEO General Aviation 0 October 6th 07 04:43 PM
SCAM [email protected] Soaring 0 August 26th 05 12:26 AM
web scam ? Chip Fitzpatrick Soaring 0 August 10th 04 11:54 AM
Scam Y/N ? Stuart King Instrument Flight Rules 6 November 13th 03 11:52 PM