A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Scam I think!!!

Old June 3rd 20, 11:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Szikora
external usenet poster

Default Scam I think!!!

All this reminds me of a Seinfeld episode. Kramer responds to an email request for help from a “Nigerian prince“ by sending him the cash he requested. Gerry and the others ridicule him for falling for that old scam. At the end of the episode, the Nigerian prince shows up at Kramer’s apartment to return the borrowed money and hang out with him!
Old June 6th 20, 06:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

Default Scam I think!!!

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 3:57:22 AM UTC-7, Stephen Szikora wrote:
All this reminds me of a Seinfeld episode. Kramer responds to an email request for help from a “Nigerian prince“ by sending him the cash he requested. Gerry and the others ridicule him for falling for that old scam. At the end of the episode, the Nigerian prince shows up at Kramer’s apartment to return the borrowed money and hang out with him!

These scammers keep on scamming because it works - at least some of the time. There will be NO GOOD outcome from dealing with these clowns. They have, literally, stolen the life savings of good, if not prudent, people. Making light of the issue not only serves no purpose, but it also HELPS these scammers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_scam
I have also been personally approached with the "Hi Grandpa. I'm in jail in blank and need your help" scam. Of course, he never says his name because that would be a dead give-away. I keep them on the phone for as long as possible because this disrupts their scam.

Tom
Old June 6th 20, 06:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

Default Scam I think!!!

On Friday, June 5, 2020 at 10:32:36 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 3:57:22 AM UTC-7, Stephen Szikora wrote:

These scammers keep on scamming because it works - at least some of the time. There will be NO GOOD outcome from dealing with these clowns. They have, literally, stolen the life savings of good, if not prudent, people. Making light of the issue not only serves no purpose, but it also HELPS these scammers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_scam
I have also been personally approached with the "Hi Grandpa. I'm in jail in blank and need your help" scam. Of course, he never says his name because that would be a dead give-away. I keep them on the phone for as long as possible because this disrupts their scam.

Tom

Examples of internet scams:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...in-los-angeles

https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/20...TlJ/story.html
Old June 6th 20, 11:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Szikora
external usenet poster

Default Scam I think!!!

Meanwhile your grandson rots in jail.
Old June 6th 20, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kandiru
external usenet poster

Default Scam I think!!!

Amazing, at the levels of income and intelligence in this community some scumbag wants to rip.

Contact FBI, hopefully you stumble upon a creative agent, my elderly neighbors managed to get an entire Nigerian gang captured and put in jail for a long time playing into a scam with help from agents, very rewarding experience they claim.
Old June 6th 20, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
external usenet poster

Default Scam I think!!!

Just because a genuine relative is in jail does not mean you're
obligated to bail him out.Â* I'd first ask, "Why is he there?", and then
decide if I was going to bail him out.Â* I'd also ask his name unless I
was certain it was him.

On 6/6/2020 4:53 AM, Stephen Szikora wrote:
Meanwhile your grandson rots in jail.

--
Dan, 5J