Problems with FS10

Old November 14th 06, 08:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
PPSEL-student

Default Problems with FS10

I may or may not get any help with this problem but I have a borrowed copy
of windows XP and as such I cannot update to the SP2, now this is a problem
cause FS10 requires SP2 soo.....I was just wondering if anyone knew of a
patch that would permit me to load FS10 without the SP2 upgrade. I have a
bought version of win98se but most programs will not work unless you have XP
now.

I am loath to give microsoft any more of my money since I feel they
overcharge for a product that quite frankly isn't that good! But I do like
the Flighsims that they produce.

Thanks

Old November 14th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Kobra

just download SP2 from winupdate.

The police will not show up.

Old November 17th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
PPSEL-student

"PPSEL-student" wrote in message

snip?

Well I decided to hell with it! I uninstalled my borrowed copy of XP Pro
that I got from a friend and reinstalled my purchased copy of win98 so I'll
just have to settle with this old ****ty version of FS2000
It runs smooth but the graphics are dull to say the least after seeing the
new FSx

Like I wrote before I hate giving microsoft any more of my money but, there
must be some other flightsims out there that will run ok on my O/S

Old November 17th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Peter Duniho

"PPSEL-student" wrote in message
[...]
Like I wrote before I hate giving microsoft any more of my money but,
there
must be some other flightsims out there that will run ok on my O/S

Oh, the shame of it. Having to use software that you actually *paid* for.

Most of us, you know, chose NOT to use things we can't afford, rather than
stealing them.

If you hate giving Microsoft money so much, stop using their products. It's
simple. There are good alternatives, from operating systems to flight
simulators.

Pete

Old November 17th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Colin

Oh, the shame of it. Having to use software that you actually *paid* for.

Most of us, you know, chose NOT to use things we can't afford, rather than
stealing them.

If you hate giving Microsoft money so much, stop using their products.
It's simple. There are good alternatives, from operating systems to
flight simulators.

Pete

Spoken like a true Capitalist!!!!
Pete .. didn't know you were the authorized spokesman for the "rest" of us.

Old November 22nd 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
PPSEL-student

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"PPSEL-student" wrote in message
[...]
Like I wrote before I hate giving microsoft any more of my money but,
there
must be some other flightsims out there that will run ok on my O/S

Oh, the shame of it. Having to use software that you actually *paid* for.

Most of us, you know, chose NOT to use things we can't afford, rather than
stealing them.

If you hate giving Microsoft money so much, stop using their products.

It's
simple. There are good alternatives, from operating systems to flight
simulators.

Pete

Ok Fair enough.........do you have any examples?

And what gave you the idea I was stealing, A friend gave me a XP Pro
Corporate disk to try out, It is intended to be used on more than one
computer. He and I simply didn't realise that the VLK was no longer valid
and I could not upgrade to the SP2. Oh well! still doesn't change my mind
about Microsoft products, I have many things that I paid for and felt that
my money was well spent, just not anything from Microsoft.

Old November 22nd 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Peter Duniho

Ok Fair enough.........do you have any examples?

X-Plane, for flight sim. Linux, Mac OS for operating systems.

IMHO, more people should put their money where their mouth is, and stop
buying products that they rant about. Marketplace competition only works
when consumers vote with their dollars. Using the software illegally is not
an ethical option, nor does it put any pressure on the publisher to improve
their products.

If you think Microsoft's software is so bad, the best thing you can do to
improve the situation is give money to their competitors. Microsoft will
either make their products better, or their competitors will take over.
Either way, consumers like you win.

And what gave you the idea I was stealing, A friend gave me a XP Pro
Corporate disk to try out, It is intended to be used on more than one
computer. He and I simply didn't realise that the VLK was no longer valid
and I could not upgrade to the SP2.

Even ignoring the fact that I doubt your computer was covered under the
original corporate license agreement, the fact that the license was no
longer valid for upgrading to SP2 indicates that there was no longer a valid
license for that installation of the OS, and thus you were in violation of
the license agreement.

Running software without a valid license is piracy. Aka "stealing". You
may not have understood the legalities, but that doesn't change the nature
of what you were doing.

Pete

Old November 28th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Angelo Campanella

Peter Duniho wrote:
Running software without a valid license is piracy. Aka "stealing". You
may not have understood the legalities, but that doesn't change the nature
of what you were doing.

There is some value in using - for a while - someone else's software..
it gives a chance to decide whether you want to own it for a good while.
An ersatz "Demo" environment, if you will.
Good software usually shines in it performance from the get-go.. I have
been in and out of this experience since 1983, and I have found that any
software that performs well is worth the dollars to buy and own it
outright, which is what I have been doing most of the time. It's worth
it to have the manuals and the support. If it does not do well even with
a borrowed version, it is likely that it won't do any better if you buy
and own it outright... except that you then have someone to complian to
and pester eith your pleas fpr help.

Angelo Campanella