Pattern departures and altitude

Old July 11th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default Pattern departures and altitude

If I'm told "maintain at or below 3500 make left downwind departure" for a VFR
departure, do I climb immediately to 3500 (or my intended altitude) or do I
level off at pattern altitude until I leave the downwind leg of the pattern?
Old July 11th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gig 601XL Builder

Mxsmanic wrote:
If I'm told "maintain at or below 3500 make left downwind departure"
for a VFR departure, do I climb immediately to 3500 (or my intended
altitude) or do I level off at pattern altitude until I leave the
downwind leg of the pattern?

You stay at or below 3500 and make a downwind departure. IF you are in an
F16 I'd assume you are going to get to 3500 pretty fast. In a C-150, not so
much.

Old July 11th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
El Maximo

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
If I'm told "maintain at or below 3500 make left downwind departure" for a
VFR
departure, do I climb immediately to 3500 (or my intended altitude) or do
level off at pattern altitude until I leave the downwind leg of the
pattern?

It's only a simulator. It doesn't matter what you do.

An intelligent person would realize that.

Old July 11th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Gig 601XL Builder writes:

You stay at or below 3500 and make a downwind departure. IF you are in an
F16 I'd assume you are going to get to 3500 pretty fast. In a C-150, not so
much.

In a Baron, I can be above 1000' AGL in about 40 seconds, long before I reach
the downwind departure point in the pattern.

In any case, I interpret your answer to mean that I'm not restricted to
pattern altitude in such a case, and I may proceed directly to 3500 or below.
Old July 11th 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
El Maximo

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

In a Baron, I can be above 1000' AGL in about 40 seconds

No you can't. You can't fly.

Old July 11th 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

In rec.aviation.piloting Mxsmanic wrote:
If I'm told "maintain at or below 3500 make left downwind departure" for a VFR
departure, do I climb immediately to 3500 (or my intended altitude) or do I
level off at pattern altitude until I leave the downwind leg of the pattern?

You maintain at or below 3500.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old July 11th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tina

This man teaches English but doesn't understand it!!

What is so difficult about "maintain at or below 3500 make left
downwind departure"

Old July 11th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

On Jul 11, 10:45 am, wrote:
In rec.aviation.piloting Mxsmanic wrote:

If I'm told "maintain at or below 3500 make left downwind departure" for a VFR
departure, do I climb immediately to 3500 (or my intended altitude) or do I
level off at pattern altitude until I leave the downwind leg of the pattern?

You maintain at or below 3500.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

I guess the lack of a comma between "3500" and "make" has him confused.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old July 11th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Robert M. Gary

On Jul 11, 7:05 am, Mxsmanic wrote:
If I'm told "maintain at or below 3500 make left downwind departure" for a VFR
departure, do I climb immediately to 3500 (or my intended altitude) or do I
level off at pattern altitude until I leave the downwind leg of the pattern?

What do you fear will happen if you bust your altitude?

-Robert