Heart trouble

Old July 14th 07, 12:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Viperdoc[_4_]

Default Heart trouble

In addition to expert pilot, FAA representative, and breast feeding
instructor he's now a pharmacologist?

Old July 14th 07, 12:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_4_]

Coumadin is the chemical name, while Warfarin was the trade name. It derived
from Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, where the drug was first
investigated.

Old July 14th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2007-07-13 20:21:49 -0700, RomeoMike said:

Dave S wrote:
RomeoMike wrote:
. This isn't amateur night on a medical
newsgroup.

Cheers

Im not an amatuer. Shes correct.

I'm not an amateur either. I'm basically asking why someone who is not
qualified goes to such lengths to give a dissertation on something this
complicated that has an affect on another person's health. While it was
not necessarily incorrect in a general sense, it may not have been
totally correct when applied to CJ's case.

Ah, guys. Really. No need to argue about whether people want to be
helpful or not. I will end up following my doctor's advice anyway.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old July 14th 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tina

Chris, I came across this website that you may find comforting.

http://afanswers.com/treatment.html

Old July 14th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jules

RomeoMike wrote:
But you're sounding a
little like MX

Not in the least.
You sound like something.....

Old July 14th 07, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dan Luke[_2_]

"RomeoMike" wrote:
But you're sounding a little like MX when he Googles something
he's totally ignorant of, then comes on here expounding like
a real expert.

Baloney. Tina has very carefully qualified everything she's said to Chris
about his condition.

This isn't amateur night on a medical newsgroup.

Cheers

Cheers? Jeez...how do you sign off when you *really* insult someone?

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old July 14th 07, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
karl gruber[_1_]

On 2007-07-13 20:21:49 -0700, RomeoMike
said:

Good luck CJ, you'll fly again.

Just in the past month I've talked with two pilots who have their medical
back after heart surgery. One has a pacemaker and the other had a triple
bypass.

The triple bypass gentleman rebuilds Cubs. He had a Super Cub completed and
was running the engine up when he had his heart attack. He passed out but
the airplane took off, climbed to about 400 feet and then veered over and
crashed. Roger broke most of his bones in the crash...............but called
me about 2 months ago with the good news about his medical. He is selling
his Skywagon. It's a good one. Never been wrecked. I bought it brand new in
1969. After your episode is over, I know you are looking for a plane!

Karl

Old July 14th 07, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tina

Dan, this is the internet: anything goes, and buyer beware. Romeo Mike
is intitled to his opinions (wrong as they are -- smile).

Tina

Old July 14th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
RomeoMike

Tina wrote:
Dan, this is the internet: anything goes, and buyer beware. Romeo Mike
is intitled to his opinions (wrong as they are -- smile).

Tina

OK, I'm curious. By wrong I assume you mean incorrect. Specifically what
did I say that was "wrong"? Please use quotes.
Old July 14th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Big John

MS

I had a series of blood drawn from arm (not finger)to test. I'm taking
the lest level I can (4 mg) to prevent blood clots in heart from
pacemaker leads.

Also after last two surgeries, they shocked my heart (with the big
paddles they use to restart heart if it stops) and it went back in
rhythm for a day and a half each time and then fell back into A-Fib
(

Each case is different so (CJ) get all the options before you go with
any.

Big John

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 05:14:08 -0400, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote:

Big John wrote:
I am on coumadin (blood thinner) and just touch something and bleed.
Have scars from this on both arms. If I'm doing any work I wear rubber
gloves to prevent fingers and hands from bleeding.

Has your doc considered adjusting your dosage? Are you getting regular lab
draws to see what your INR is?