HpH 304S JET Videos now on Youtube!

Old October 28th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara[_2_]

Default HpH 304S JET Videos now on Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFBUv-QYU6M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcTeut1wE2o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ2EX2aJ910

comments from manufacturer below:

in last 3 months I flew about 60 Hours with 304S jet.
Present time are a technical characteristics OK.
Volume Tanks in fuselage: 33Liters
This is petrol A1 + 4% Turbine oil
Consumption: depend on fly strategy.
Flying jet is the some like flying pure glider. Anyway, you can fly faster
as with propeller.
Glider polar is the some, only start is aprox. 1,5m higher - this mean
optimal climbing is on optimal gliding speed + aprox.10% reserve.
In good air is better flying more slowly (130-150Km/h) in bad air is better
flying faster (160-180Km/h).
Good characteristics are by speeds between 130km/h and 160Km/h.
Engine normal using is 85% for cruising speed 155Km/h.
Consumption is about 34 L/Hour.
Cruising ratio is about 150km with speed 150km/h.

You can use another strategy too- climbing and gliding without engine. For
climbing we use 95% of engine thrust (maximal thrust is you can use
5minutes)
Climbing by 130Km/h is about 1- 1,4m/s (depend of fly level - higher is
better).
Usually you can fly between 180-190km.

Until today testing our 304S jet about 100 pilots , usually from Germany.
They say, that noise in cockpit is half of noise in ASG-29 Turbo glider and
climbing is about 40% better + unlimited speed (by ASG-29 you must climbing
on 115Km/h).

Old October 29th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Henry[_2_]

How does the vertical fin not get melted by the exhaust?
Old October 29th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Bojack[_2_]

What ordnace will it carry? ASW-27 seeking missiles?

Old October 29th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara[_2_]

The Jet is a sustainer..not intended as a self launcher in spite of the fact
that nearly all test flights from short 50 foot auto tows..hence the
temperature at the tail is actually no higher than that of a recip engine on
other sustainers and self launch gliders... remember the engine is a
jet...not a rocket....
tim

Old October 29th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Last I heard, folks were having trouble getting insurance for turbine-
equipped gliders. Has that situation changed?

Thanks, Bob K.
Old October 30th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Drew Pearce[_2_]

A friend and I have each have one on order with the plan to start a small
club in the San Francisco Bay area.We are hoping that we can get insurance
once a few are flying and some actual data can be given to the insurance
companies. We are working with Costello on this, which deals with AIG, so
who knows what the future holds. My guess is it will be another year or so
but this is a wild guess.

We both flew the jet version last month when we visited the factory and
were extremely impressed with not only the simplicity and coolness of the
jet but also the glider itself. The flight characteristics were similar to
a Duo but with a much better roll rate. In a 45 degree bank it would stay
there hands off even when upset by the rudders. The control harmony was as
good as it gets and the heads up flap setting, colored lights across the
top of the panel, was very pleasant to use. We plan to write a full
article about our trip and will submit it to Soaring Magazine with some
pics.

They teased us with the idea a high by-pass engine, made by the same
company that makes the current one, that would be available in a few
years. It would only be 15 cm bigger in diameter and 2 cm longer but
provide twice the thrust, self launchable, and burn about the same amount
of fuel because of the better low speed/altitude efficiency. It would fit
in the same hole as the current engine and could be easily switched out
when available or at overhaul.

Drew Pearce

Old November 7th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob C[_2_]

Hi Drew,

When is your 304S jet expected to be in the US? I visited the factory a
few months back. Very nice looking ship. HpH also fabricated the wing
fuel tanks for my new jet Salto.

Bob

Old November 9th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Drew Pearce[_2_]

Bob,

We have everything on hold until we can get insurance. We have put our
delivery positions up for sale because of the uncertainty of when the
insurance will be available. If we sell our delivery positions now we
still plan to buy one, hopefully two, as soon as insurance is available.

Drew

Old December 7th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On 9 nov, 20:30, Drew Pearce wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Bob K.- Masquer le texte des messages précédents -

- Afficher le texte des messages précédents -

I guess that the heat problem on the tail will clearly appear with the
new engine (twice the thrust of the actual one)
Old December 7th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Dec 7, 8:41*am, wrote:

I guess that the heat problem on the tail will clearly appear with the
new engine (twice the thrust of the actual one)-

Ah, and is this idle speculation, or can you demonstrate it?

Old Silentflight videos now on Youtube [email protected] Soaring 0 December 31st 07 11:18 PM
HpH 304S news Tim Mara Soaring 2 July 15th 07 04:43 PM
youtube gliding videos Mal[_3_] Soaring 3 March 17th 07 04:55 AM
Hey Tim! HpH 304S Mike Soaring 5 October 1st 06 03:46 PM
NEW HpH 304S HORNET II Tim Mara Soaring 3 April 29th 04 02:41 AM