Video of a catapult shot and carrier landing

Old June 22nd 10, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

Default Video of a catapult shot and carrier landing

Now here's a short airplane ride I think many of us would pay good
money to take.

http://vholdr.com/video/lap-around-boat
Old June 22nd 10, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

On Jun 21, 7:27*pm, a wrote:
Now here's a short airplane ride I think many of us would pay good
money to take.

http://vholdr.com/video/lap-around-boat

This is probably a trivial question, but a naval aviator might have
the answer. On the video, the steam from the cat track is being blown
right down the centerline of the track: that is, the launch will be
directly into the relative wind.

Just before the airplane taxied behind the jet blast deflector we saw
another jet trap. The question is, if there's a significant surface
wind, is the carrier heading adjusted so the relative wind is down the
centerline of the landing aircraft's track? It didn't seem so based on
what I could see here, but in cases of low velocity winds probably
doesn't much matter.