Cessna years of manufacture?

Old February 14th 04, 06:20 PM
Jay Honeck

No, longer. As in "forever." Heck, there's a move afoot to penalize some
(non-aviation) US companies for their actions over 150 years ago...

Heck, the country is still being sued by American Indians and African
Americans for actions taken by our ancestors centuries ago.

Liability - the gift that keeps on giving.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 14th 04, 08:42 PM
Addison Laurent

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 02:43:21 -0500, Tom Sixkiller wrote:

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
Cessna built no single engine aircraft during those years. Liability

so Cessna and others started building planes again. The tort lawyers
have made several unsuccessful (so far) attempts to break the 20 year
limit. If they ever do succeed, the manufacturers will probably quit
for good.

Imagine if John Edwards becomes president. Think businesses are leaving
in droves now, just wait.

Well, to point out the obvious and nitpick.....

As President, he'd have less control over that than he currently does in
the Senate now. (Not that I'd want him to be President. But of all the
problems having a trial lawyer (who potentially used *ahem* questionable
"science" in his cases) as President - that's not one I'm concerned
about.)

Addison
Old February 14th 04, 10:00 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Addison Laurent" wrote in message
[...]

Three words: Tort reform veto.

Old February 15th 04, 01:36 AM
C J Campbell

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

| "Addison Laurent" wrote in message
| On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 02:43:21 -0500, Tom Sixkiller wrote:
|

| "C J Campbell" wrote in
message
| Cessna built no single engine aircraft during those years. Liability
| so Cessna and others started building planes again. The tort lawyers
| have made several unsuccessful (so far) attempts to break the 20 year
| limit. If they ever do succeed, the manufacturers will probably quit
| for good.
|

| Imagine if John Edwards becomes president. Think businesses are
leaving
| in droves now, just wait.
|
| Well, to point out the obvious and nitpick.....
|
| As President, he'd have less control over that than he currently does in
| the Senate now. (Not that I'd want him to be President. But of all the
| problems having a trial lawyer (who potentially used *ahem* questionable
| "science" in his cases) as President - that's not one I'm concerned
| about.)
|
| Three words: Tort reform veto.

One of my students, a retired prosecutor, said that public defenders often
became the toughest judges. They knew that most of what the defense does is
BS. Perhaps it is not a foregone conclusion that Edwards would be pro trial
lobby. He might know too much to fall for their crap.

Old February 15th 04, 03:10 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

| As President, he'd have less control over that than he currently does

in
| the Senate now. (Not that I'd want him to be President. But of all the
| problems having a trial lawyer (who potentially used *ahem*

questionable
| "science" in his cases) as President - that's not one I'm concerned
| about.)
|
| Three words: Tort reform veto.

One of my students, a retired prosecutor, said that public defenders often
became the toughest judges. They knew that most of what the defense does

is
BS. Perhaps it is not a foregone conclusion that Edwards would be pro

trial
lobby. He might know too much to fall for their crap.

Edwards wasn't a public defender. He wasn't even really a defense lawyer.