Cherokee Pilots Association Fly-In This weekend

Old August 4th 05, 11:41 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Cherokee Pilots Association Fly-In This weekend

Anyone else going this weekend? It's held annually at Tan-Tar-A
resort, in Osage Beach, MO, and has rapidly become our favorite fly-in
of the season. Last year they had around 200 Cherokees fly in, and it
was a really great time!

This year they've got Chuck Suma, president of New Piper, as the
keynote speaker...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 5th 05, 06:57 PM
Neal

Well, I'm sad to report that I won't be going, as I have just sold the
CheckerBird earlier this week and I am now planeless.

After 4 years and nearly 500 hours later, I figured it's time for a
change. I'd like to start building my own airplane now, probably an
RV-7 or RV-8, haven't decided for certain on which model.

The CheckerBird is now in the hands of a brand new, young and eager
pre-solo student pilot who hopefully will be able to quickly learn to
become a safe and skillful pilot in her and get a few hundred hours
under his belt and then pass her on down the line someday to the next
new pilot to repeat the cycle again.

Old August 5th 05, 09:59 PM
john smith

Neal wrote:
After 4 years and nearly 500 hours later, I figured it's time for a
change. I'd like to start building my own airplane now, probably an
RV-7 or RV-8, haven't decided for certain on which model.

Consider weight and balance.
Consider side/side vice tandem.
Side/side is nice, you can spread your map out instead of folding it
into small sections.
Old August 12th 05, 04:55 AM
Jay Honeck

Well, I'm sad to report that I won't be going, as I have just sold the
CheckerBird earlier this week and I am now planeless.

Augh! The CheckerBird is no more in the hands of a Usenet aficionado?
This is not right!

You had best get this pre-solo new owner onto the rec.aviation track,
pronto...

And you're now planeless? Wondering what to build? What is this strange
malady that seems to be sweeping aviation -- I know two other former owners
that are currently in the same boat!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 12th 05, 03:14 PM
xyzzy

Jay Honeck wrote:

Well, I'm sad to report that I won't be going, as I have just sold the
CheckerBird earlier this week and I am now planeless.

Augh! The CheckerBird is no more in the hands of a Usenet aficionado?
This is not right!

You had best get this pre-solo new owner onto the rec.aviation track,
pronto...

And you're now planeless? Wondering what to build? What is this strange
malady that seems to be sweeping aviation -- I know two other former owners
that are currently in the same boat!

I have noticed this trend too and I was wondering if it was because
values are up recently and owners are seeing an opportunity to sell, or
if it's an indication of a lot of planes on the market meaning an
opportunity to buy, or if it's just a coincidence. I guess when it
comes to economics you can read anything into anything