Annual Iowa City Fly-In Breakfast August 28

Old August 29th 05, 02:32 AM
Jim Burns

Hey Jay, how was the turnout???

Awesome!

Jim & Tami Burns flew down in their pristine Aztec, and we had a great

time
with them and their most excellent kids.

Had an awesome time!! First visit to IOW and the Inn. Jay and Mary
re-define the word hospitality so far from what we know it, they'll have to
invent a new word for it!!

We called Thursday to see if they had any open 2 room suites, but due to a
local golf tournament and the DC3 crew, all the two room suites were full.
So instead of just politely apologizing and suggesting another hotel, Jay
and Mary actually offered to play "babysitter" for our two kids and offered
Tami and I the Pan Am Clipper Honeymoon suite for the night!! You sure
don't get that kind of hospitality from Motel 6!!! (nor would I send my
kids off with the night manager of the Motel 6!)

So we left STE around 6:30pm Saturday night for a quick 1:20 flight to IOW.
Tami, I and our kids had a great leisurely dinner with Jay, Mary, and Becca
at the nearby brew-pub then they took all the kids to their house while Tami
and I retired to the Pan Am Clipper Suite.

This morning we jumped in their van and met up with them at IOW where they
had our kids, Nick and Megan, together with Becca, busy blowing up balloons
and signing up contestants for a free night in the very suite we just
checked out of.

Lots of planes on the flight line, I'd guess 60-80 by the time we left at
11:30am. The DC3, a V-Tail Bonanza, 2 very new looking Cessna 172-SP's, a
Stearman, and I believe a Waco were all busy giving rides. A new Cessna
172SP, full glass cockpit, was on display. It could be yours for only
$229,000. Great turn out, lots of people. There was also a small car show
of mostly vintage Porches and other mega buck sports cars.

All in all, an awesome weekend. Great time with great friends!

Jim Burns

Old August 29th 05, 03:51 AM
Jim Burns

WAIT A MINNITTT. There is a WHOLE BUNCH OF STUFF missing between these
two
paragraphs. Details. I want DETAILS.

{;-)

Rolf!

Oh, I forgot... ok, details... um... let's see... the Pan Am Clipper Suite
has a water bed, with a stuffed parrot over it, full size stove, frig, and
microwave, toaster, coffee maker, and we honestly didn't even use the huge
hot tub. I was able to escape with the keys to Jay's van however, so let me
know when the gang is near IOW, I can cop a great party barge.

There was also a small car show
of mostly vintage Porches and other mega buck sports cars.

Were these front Porches or back Porches?

Shhhh!! You're gonna blow my cover... if my wife knew I could spell Porsche,
she'd know that I wanted one!! )

Jim B