Perfect Proficiency Flight

Old August 29th 05, 10:28 AM
Stefan

Jay Honeck wrote:

It is 2400 feet long, 75 feet wide

landing on a short field.

2400 feet a short field? No you're pulling my leg!

Having learnt and being based on 2000 ft x 50 ft runway, I sometimes
practise landings a bigger airport in the vicinity, just to keep sharp
on those huge runways.

Stefan
Old August 29th 05, 02:27 PM
Jose

What would protect the town from a not quite so well placed stick or

three?

Not that dinky little chain, that's for sure!

I meant from an incompetent attempt at using a stick or three to protect
the town by eliminating the hazard.

Jose
--
Quantum Mechanics is like this: God =does= play dice with the universe,
except there's no God, and there's no dice. And maybe there's no universe.
Old August 29th 05, 11:14 PM
George Patterson

Morgans wrote:

I have found that the word "incompetent" combined with explosives, to be
very incompatible. g

It's not really incompatible. It's simply self-correcting. :-)

George Patterson
Old August 30th 05, 12:13 AM
Morgans

"Jose" wrote

I meant from an incompetent attempt at using a stick or three to protect
the town by eliminating the hazard.

Yeah, I know. :-)

I have found that the word "incompetent" combined with explosives, to be
very incompatible. g
--
Jim in NC

Old August 30th 05, 01:56 AM
W P Dixon

You'd figure that with all the mine blasting in the region that the dang
rock would have already fallen! Boulder came off a strip mine across the
line in Virginia and rolled into a boys bedroom, poor little kid didn't
stand a chance. If I remember correctly a truck dislodged it.

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

Old August 30th 05, 02:44 AM
Jose

I have found that the word "incompetent" combined with explosives, to be
very incompatible. g

.... but entertaining.

Jose
Old August 30th 05, 04:05 AM
Jay Honeck

Having learnt and being based on 2000 ft x 50 ft runway, I sometimes
practise landings a bigger airport in the vicinity, just to keep sharp on
those huge runways.

Pshaw! You call that a "small" runway? Crikey, it's 50 feet wide!

Where I was based in Wisconsin (C89), it was 30 feet wide. (2300 feet long,
though, to be sure.)

Precision was rewarded...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 30th 05, 04:21 AM
N93332

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Having learnt and being based on 2000 ft x 50 ft runway, I sometimes
practise landings a bigger airport in the vicinity, just to keep sharp on
those huge runways.

Pshaw! You call that a "small" runway? Crikey, it's 50 feet wide!

Where I was based in Wisconsin (C89), it was 30 feet wide. (2300 feet
long, though, to be sure.)

Precision was rewarded...

Sounds like Paullina, IA (1y9) with its 2800 x 28. I'm planning on a Fly-In
at Sheldon, IA (SHL) on Monday and will try Paullina when I'm in that
neighborhood. It'll be interesting to land on a runway that is narrower than
my wingspan. Maybe then onto IOW??? ;-)

Old August 30th 05, 10:08 AM
Stefan

Jay Honeck wrote:

Having learnt and being based on 2000 ft x 50 ft runway,

Pshaw! You call that a "small" runway?

Actually, no. It's a pretty normal runway around here. Of course I do
know and practice on a few small ones occasionally, most of them one-way
with no go-around option. (But then, being primarily a glider pilot, I'm
used to unimproved fields with no go-around option.)

Stefan
Old August 30th 05, 06:06 PM
Chris

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Having learnt and being based on 2000 ft x 50 ft runway, I sometimes
practise landings a bigger airport in the vicinity, just to keep sharp on
those huge runways.

Pshaw! You call that a "small" runway? Crikey, it's 50 feet wide!

Where I was based in Wisconsin (C89), it was 30 feet wide. (2300 feet
long, though, to be sure.)

Precision was rewarded...

As was required on the old runway at C29 Morey.