ZZZooommm rant latest

Old September 7th 03, 05:18 PM
RobertR237

In article , Warren & Nancy
writes:

You are probably right, but Juan said to write to ANN. All I suggested is
that
he do so, and publish the results here. Then Juan could see the type of
response one gets from honest questions and criticism. I got mine when I
asked
a former friend if he actually wrote a letter published in ANN. My question
was forwarded to JC, and the zooming began.

Warren

It is really a total waste of time to even try to write a letter to the editor
of ANN unless that letter is to sing praises to them. The archives of this
newsgroup are loaded with the examples of those who did otherwise.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old September 7th 03, 07:57 PM
Del Rawlins

On 07 Sep 2003 06:17 AM, Cy Galley posted the following:
As a school teacher I always recommended that the teasing would stop
if the person being teased ignored the teaser. They just like the
attention that your response brings. Likewise Juan and Jim. Might be
worth a try.

Despite what teachers like you have recommended, I always found that the
ONLY thing a bully understands is force. As a teacher, all you can
expect to see is the teasing since a kid like that is usually careful
not to do anything physical in your presence, and unless caught red
handed it will be one kid's word against the other's. Don't expect
classmates to rat him out either.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Old September 7th 03, 09:50 PM
Jez

"Juan E Jimenez" wrote in message

"Jez" wrote in message
news

1) Chuck Slusarczyk seems to have consistently told the truth, even when

it
has been an admission that he has settled law suits for fairly large

sums
of
money, which could reasonably be expected to cause a certain amount of
embarrassment. Despite many attempts to catch Chuck out in a lie,

no-one
seems to have succeeded.

You're entitled to your opinion. I disagree.

Jeremy replied:

Ahhh, I see! This has nothing to do with good American values, like truth,
honesty and justice, it's really just an expression of personal hatred for
an individual.

As far as I can see, opinions dont really come into it, either something is
demonstrably true, or it's not. My original statements stand as being a
matter of public record, nothing to do with my opinion (or yours for that
matter). Jim Campbell, whether you like it or not Juan, is a proven liar.
This is not my opinion, it's fact.

Jeremy

Old September 7th 03, 10:41 PM
Warren & Nancy

Stu Fields wrote:

It is impossible to believe the amount of energy going into this kind of
thing!!! I could build a house with the time and energy spent in flaming
each other in this newsgroup. What does everyone get out of this excercise?
What is the purpose or goal behind it?? I'm really curious.

To educate the uneducated as to the type of person the zoomer really is?

Old September 8th 03, 12:21 AM
Bernie the Bunion

Warren & Nancy wrote:

To educate the uneducated as to the type of person the zoomer really is?

So the next time that Bill Phillips goes of on a tangent in this group
we can depend on you to step forward and educate the uneducated
as to what type of person Bill really is....????????????????
Old September 8th 03, 04:05 AM
Del Rawlins

On 07 Sep 2003 03:21 PM, Bernie the Bunion posted the following:
Warren & Nancy wrote:

To educate the uneducated as to the type of person the zoomer really
is?

So the next time that Bill Phillips goes of on a tangent in this group
we can depend on you to step forward and educate the uneducated
as to what type of person Bill really is....????????????????

The difference is that it is generally pretty easy to tell what type of
person Bill is just from reading a few of his posts. Zoom, on the other
hand, is holding himself out as an unbiased source of information, and
because he is a talented liar, he gets away with it. Many of his
detractors began by supporting him, and only became aware of the truth
over time.

Old September 8th 03, 04:43 AM
Juan E Jimenez

"C.D. Damron" wrote in message
.net...

I don't think I was putting any words in people's mouths. If so, I would
have hoped to do a better job.

Yes you were. This:

It is not surprising that you would argue that editorials need not be
journalistically responsible...

Is your words, not mine.

For those of us that don't feel like Googling for definitions, don't have

slang dictionary, or don't have time to take a class, why don't you

define
"yellow journalism" for us. My understanding of the term might be
distorted, but I think not.

I already did.

Old September 8th 03, 04:44 AM
Juan E Jimenez

I'll give that one a 0.5.

"Dave Hyde" wrote in message

You're going to have to do that yourself, Juan.

Dave 'OOC' Hyde

Old September 8th 03, 04:47 AM
Juan E Jimenez

"RobertR237" wrote in message

No Jaun, the Steel Cojones Award was not missed by anyone but, anyone with

half
a brain also knows that it doesn't represent a compliment either. It was

taken
as a slam on Adam Aircraft which is obviously, in light of the editorial,

the
way it was intended.

You're entitled to your own rationalizations. Unless you ask Jim himself,
you don't have a damn clue what you're talking about. And since you're not
Adam Aircraft but do have an ulterior agenda on making these comments, I
don't really care how you took it.

Old September 8th 03, 04:47 AM
RobertR237

In article , Del Rawlins
writes:

So the next time that Bill Phillips goes of on a tangent in this group
we can depend on you to step forward and educate the uneducated
as to what type of person Bill really is....????????????????

The difference is that it is generally pretty easy to tell what type of
person Bill is just from reading a few of his posts. Zoom, on the other
hand, is holding himself out as an unbiased source of information, and
because he is a talented liar, he gets away with it. Many of his
detractors began by supporting him, and only became aware of the truth
over time.

Way too many of us I am ashamed to say!