Global Warming The debbil made me do it

Old March 9th 08, 01:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.global-warming
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Global Warming The debbil made me do it

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

Support taking tax breaks away from oil companies and applying them
to alternative energy development. Vote against politicians who are
dumping subsidies into bio-ethanol production and for politicians
who'll spend the money on solar and wind power. Drive a more fuel
efficient car. Apply energy conserving methods to your home and
business.

Hey, I feel green already. I am literally in favor of (or against)
all of the things you are!

Don't forget, I'm the guy who tried (unsuccessfully) to buy an
electric car last fall, and we have spent the winter (and a stupidly
grand amount of money) converting every light fixture in our three
3-story buildings to compact fluorescent bulbs.

And everyone here knows how I feel about the scam called "ethanol"...

So, you see -- even conservatives can be eco-friendly -- especially
when being that way also benefits the bottom line.

As to whether any of this will affect the world's climate, well, I
think you know my opinion of *that*...

A misinofrmed idiotic opinion

And you aren;t a consevative. You're an idiotic narrow minded little
****.

Bertie

Old March 9th 08, 01:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

In every model I've seen, Iowa comes out a big winner in any global
warming scenario.

Really? Name two.

Bob and Ralph.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 9th 08, 01:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.global-warming
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Dan Luke" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote:

They were *the* cool thing to have in my neighborhood. I yearned
desperately for one but only got to ride on the back of a few.

On the little rack or did your buds mount a buddy pad there? Mine
only had one seat which was a PITA, but it probably wouldn;t have
hauled tow up so well anyway. They are going for big bucks nowadays!

Don't remember exactly. I do remember riding on the one guy's paper
rack with my feet in the bags. ;^)

He he. I got a model of one a few years ago, sitting in a display case.
I traded mine for a 57 Buick which was in good shape aside from the
cooling system

Bertie
Old March 9th 08, 01:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.global-warming
Kadaitcha Man[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

A misinofrmed idiotic opinion

And you aren;t a consevative. You're an idiotic narrow minded little
****.

I agree that that is probably a misinofrmed, idiotic opinion.

Old March 9th 08, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.religion.asatru,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.fllonk.flonk,alt.global-warming
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:UjRAj.68145$yE1.52587
@attbi_s21:

In every model I've seen, Iowa comes out a big winner in any global
warming scenario.

Really? Name two.

Bob and Ralph.

Evasion noted.

Bertie
Old March 9th 08, 01:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 9, 1:37 am, "Dan Luke" wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote:
And I have a polite question: Do you understand why a 3 deg. C rise in
global average temperature by 2100 is a big deal?

In every model I've seen, Iowa comes out a big winner in any global warming
scenario.

Really? Name two.

Can't speak for Iowa, but perhaps wading through 19,000 signatures
will dampen your anti-denier zeal?

http://www.oism.org/pproject/index.htm

Old March 9th 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Dan" wrote:

In every model I've seen, Iowa comes out a big winner in any global
warming
scenario.

Really? Name two.

Can't speak for Iowa, but perhaps wading through 19,000 signatures
will dampen your anti-denier zeal?

http://www.oism.org/pproject/index.htm

HAW-HAW-HAW!

At last--The Oregon Petition!

I *knew* one of you dupes would drag that in here. Gotcha!

The OP is a fraud. Deniers cite it to claim there are19,000 (or 17,000 or
21,000) scientists who doubt that AGW is real. There aren't, but guys like
you will believe it without checking because you desperately want to. Just
like you believe the "they were predicting global cooling in 1970" lie, the
"CO2 is a tiny part of the atmosphere so it can't cause warming" lie and a
dozen others.

You should be noticing by now that the sources you get this stuff from are
bull****ting you. How many lemon used cars do you have to buy before you
realize the dealer is screwing you? A bunch, apparently, since you bought the
Oregon Petition, too.

Skeptics have already waded through the OP: "Scientific American took a
sample of 30 of the 1,400 signatories claiming to hold a Ph.D. in a
climate-related science. Of the 26 we were able to identify in various
databases, 11 said they still agreed with the petition -- one was an active
climate researcher, two others had relevant expertise, and eight signed based
on an informal evaluation. Six said they would not sign the petition today,
three did not remember any such petition, one had died, and five did not
answer repeated messages. Crudely extrapolating, the petition supporters
include a core of about 200 climate researchers - a respectable number, though
rather a small fraction of the climatological community"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Petition

So, only 1,400 signatories even *claimed* to have anything to do with climate
science. And out of that 1,400, two hundred were climate researchers.

That's a long way from 19,000 scientists who doubt that AGW is real, isn't it?

Old March 9th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"John T" wrote:

You wouldn't recognize evidence if it was scotch-taped to your
forehead.

No less than you, my friend. Your position is apparently so weak you have to
resort to this tactic.

You're boring me. Come back when you have some real data.

Bye-bye, Brave Sir Robin.

Old March 9th 08, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

In every model I've seen, Iowa comes out a big winner in any global
warming scenario.

Really? Name two.

Bob and Ralph.

Another evasion, I note.

You don't know anything about the science behind this subject, do you, Jay?

You're willing to assert it's all a crock without having made any effort to
understand what you're condemning.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM