Spamming Aholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old April 19th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Spamming Aholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gregvk wrote in news:Xns9A858C74BF1FEE817AC3D8380227
@127.0.0.1:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote in news:fudeoi$95l$2
@blackhelicopter.databasix.com:

gregvk wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote in news:fud7dm$kp9$1
@blackhelicopter.databasix.com:

Larry Dighera wrote in
news
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 15:31:35 GMT, "Travis Marlatte"
wrote in
:

Perhaps the time to consider amending the newsgroup charter to
specifically exclude off-topic spam advertising.

How would that be enforced?

The Acceptable Use Policy of some anonymous news providers

(notably
Altopia alt.net include their intent to discipline the users who
post articles to newsgroups that are contrary to the newsgroup
charter.

If that works, could we also update the charter to exclude any
posts that I'm not interested in? That would make it much
easier for me.

To have the newsgroup charter amended to contain such language

would
require a majority vote.

I vote Larry out.

Bertie

Larry's post is off-topic, so I've asked his service provider to

close
his account. It should be done by COB Monday.

Excellent. Usenet will be safe once again.

Bertie

Is it just me or does it seem more peaceful, already?

Seriously, the sun just came out and birds are chirping, for the first
time today.

If he only knew what a blot upon the landscape he was...

Bertie
Old April 19th 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
AugerIn[_2_]

gliderguynj wrote:
I read these messages via the Google home page....What do you have to
do, or how can I mark them all read or deleted so I do not have to see
this crap? Luckily my piloting skills are better than my computer
skills.... They have bombed this group too much I say!!!!
Doug

see what crap?
Old April 20th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Jim Logajan

gregvk wrote:
A boil on society's butt. A dead bird in a public swimming pool.

A turd in a punch bowl.

Quite - apt decriptors for people who initiate cross-posts to a.u.k.
Old April 20th 08, 01:59 AM posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.religion.asatru,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Jim Logajan wrote in
:

gregvk wrote:
A boil on society's butt. A dead bird in a public swimming pool.

A turd in a punch bowl.

Quite - apt decriptors for people who initiate cross-posts to a.u.k.

Or those who perpetuate them.

Bertie

Old April 20th 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2008-04-19 08:14:39 -0700, Larry Dighera said:

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 05:37:10 -0700 (PDT), gliderguynj
wrote in
:

I read these messages via the Google home page....What do you have to
do, or how can I mark them all read or deleted so I do not have to see
this crap?

Send a complaint he . Responsible netizen
that they are, Google will promptly enforce their Terms Of Use policy.
:-)

Perhaps the time to consider amending the newsgroup charter to
specifically exclude off-topic spam advertising.

I suspect that Google is deliberately trying to kill Usenet.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old April 20th 08, 04:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 18:55:11 -0700, C J Campbell wrote in
2008041918551175249-christophercampbell@hotmailcom:

... I suspect that Google is deliberately trying to kill Usenet.

FWIW, I don't.

I'm a happy and satisfied user of many of Google's services.
I am not employed by them or remunerated by them in any
way (other than using a half-dozen or so of their free
services--gmail, Google, Picasa, a free web page, etc.).

We owe them a debt of gratitude for saving the Dejanews
archives and for maintaining them.

Usenet isn't a big part of their business any more.
There are tradeoffs involved in offering free services
to all and sundry. On balance, I think the good they
do far outweighs the bad.

Of course, YMMV.

Marty

--
Big-8 newsgroups: humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk.*
See http://www.big-8.org for info on how to add or remove newsgroups.
Old April 20th 08, 08:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_2_]

Martin X. Moleski, SJ schrieb:
I'm a happy and satisfied user of many of Google's services.

if you don't care much about privacy ...

We owe them a debt of gratitude for saving the Dejanews
archives and for maintaining them.

they sure haven't done it because they love the community so much.
they've done it because they have seen some sort of business.

Usenet isn't a big part of their business any more.
There are tradeoffs involved in offering free services
to all and sundry.

On balance, I think the good they
do far outweighs the bad.

IBTD.
I would suggest a (passive) UDP to bring them either off usenet or to a
better abuse desk.

Of course, YMMV.

indeed.

Marty

#m
Old April 20th 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:37:44 +0200, Martin Hotze wrote in :

Martin X. Moleski, SJ schrieb:

I'm a happy and satisfied user of many of Google's services.

if you don't care much about privacy ...

Life is a series of tradeoffs.

This is one I'm willing to make for the
kinds of service I get in return.

We owe them a debt of gratitude for saving the Dejanews
archives and for maintaining them.

they sure haven't done it because they love the community so much.
they've done it because they have seen some sort of business.

That's how most corporations operate.

The few individuals who archived Usenet for the love of
it (and made their archives available to other folks)
have left the building.

Usenet isn't a big part of their business any more.
There are tradeoffs involved in offering free services
to all and sundry.

On balance, I think the good they
do far outweighs the bad.

IBTD.

Permission granted. )

I would suggest a (passive) UDP to bring them either off usenet or to a
better abuse desk.

Of course, YMMV.

indeed.

Different opinion noted.

Marty
Old April 20th 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Jim Logajan

gregvk wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote in
:

gregvk wrote:
A boil on society's butt. A dead bird in a public swimming pool.

A turd in a punch bowl.

Quite - apt decriptors for people who initiate cross-posts to a.u.k.

Supernews has been advised of your misconduct. HAND

Thanks - much appreciated. I've been unable to stop reading Usenet for
years although I've wished I could (poor self-discipline, I know - probably
some sort of addiction) and a little external push would provide the
psychological finality I possibly need.
Old April 21st 08, 05:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
AugerIn[_2_]

Jim Logajan wrote:
gregvk wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote in
:

gregvk wrote:
A boil on society's butt. A dead bird in a public swimming pool.

A turd in a punch bowl.
Quite - apt decriptors for people who initiate cross-posts to a.u.k.

Supernews has been advised of your misconduct. HAND

Thanks - much appreciated. I've been unable to stop reading Usenet for
years although I've wished I could (poor self-discipline, I know - probably
some sort of addiction) and a little external push would provide the
psychological finality I possibly need.

Usenet is where people of limited means can voice their
opinion and with innovative word placement techniques make
the first page of Goggle regarding their topic thus becoming
a large voice in a sea of digital ****

First page of Google means instant exposure WORLDWIDE

You can do that via Usenet using simple free word placement
techniques

Keep Usenet. **** Politically Correct Tyranny